If you are in the market for the best wireless printer for Mac, then you have come to the right place. A few years ago, there were very few printers that were compatible with Apple computers. However, we now live in different times thanks to the advancement in modern technology. Today, most, if not all, new printers, as well as all-in-one printers, come with MacOS drivers. For those that don’t have the MacOS drivers, they come with a disc that lets you download the Mac drivers during installation.
Mac printers support most of the all-in-one and printing features that you can get on a Windows computer. Most manufacturers will also detail on their website whether a printer in their different models doesn’t support all the features usable with Macs. To help you choose the best printer for your Mac, we have reviewed some of the best wireless printer for Mac.
Canon MAXIFY iB4120 Printer
The Canon MAXIFY iB4120 is a small wireless office inkjet printer that is affordable and offers a generous paper capacity. In addition, it also has a solid speed, offers competitive running costs, and the output quality is excellent.
- Excellent printer for a small home office or a small business given the small size
- It features a paper capacity of 500 sheets with two paper trays that each have a capacity of 250 sheets
- It offers competitive running costs because it is built for efficiency and provides a low cost per print especially with the XLink tanks
- Has a solid printing speed of six seconds with the Quick First Print
- Perfect for your business printing needs as it’s built to last and has a monthly duty cycle of 30,000 pages
- Enjoy amazing print qualities with this Canon MAXIFY printer
- Has an auto-duplexer that offers two-sided printing which helps save you money
- This printer is AirPrint compatible which allows for easy printing from any iOS device that is compatible
- The Maxify Cloud utility link enables you to print documents from various services such as Facebook, Google Drive, Dropbox, Flickr without using a computer
- It’s available in two different styles and is very affordable
- The printer’s display is small and non-touch
Canon Image Class MF269dw Printer
This Image Class printer model from Canon is an entry-level all-in-one monochrome laser printer that offers the right output quality, feature set, and speed, making it a perfect printer for both home-based and small offices.
- Offers excellent print speeds of up to 30 pages a minute while the first print takes approximately five seconds to print
- Offers various printing compatibilities with different mobile solutions such as AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Canon print business among others
- Has a touch LCD screen that makes it easy to navigate the printer program and functions
- Supports MacOS versions 10.8.5 and up
- Has a standard cassette paper tray that allows for up to 250 sheets and a multipurpose tray that holds one sheet of various media printing type
- The all-in-one functionality enables you to print, copy, scan as well as fax with so much ease
- Has competitive running costs thanks to features such as the auto-duplex automatic document feeder that allows you to automatically scan and copy two-sided documents
- The excellent printing speed and feature set combined help produce high-quality prints
- Has a small footprint that’s ideal for small offices or home use as it allows for a connection of up to five people
- It doesn’t have a flash memory drive support
Brother HL-L2370DW Printer
This printer from Brother offers nothing short of great graphics and text, good paper handling, and speed as well as a wide variety of connectivity options. In addition, the running costs are also competitive making it a perfect pick for micro-office use.
- A good monochrome laser printer that is perfect for light to medium printing use in a home or micro office
- It’s affordable and offers good output quality for both text and graphics and amazing speed
- Features a wide variety of connectivity options
- Has excellent paper handling with a tray capacity of 250 sheets and a one-sheet multipurpose document feeder
- Thanks to the two-sided printing feature, this Brother printer has a competitive running cost
- Its small size means it can easily and nicely fit on your desk
- Offers USB cable, Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity
- This printer is AirPrint compatible which means it can print from iOS devices as well as supports Google Cloud Print
- Besides its excellent speeds, high-quality prints and a myriad of connectivity options, the Brother HL-2370DW printer is also quiet when
- It’s able to print up to 33 pages in a minute
- This printer offers excellent text quality and above-par graphics
- It’s lightweight and comes with a one-year warranty
- Doesn’t have a touch display for navigation
Canon Pixma TS9120 Printer
Although the wireless Canon Pixma TS9120 doesn’t have an automatic document feeder like some of the printers in our review, it’s an all-in-one printer that produces exceptional photos, text, and graphics.
- This printer is available in three colors – black, gray and gold – and in three different styles which allows you to choose it in a style and color that suits your home or work office
- It has a compact design which is small enough to sit nicely on most desktops and its lightweight
- Six-ink printer that is built to primarily print photographs which it does a great job on
- Produces excellent quality prints and copies
- Has two paper trays – front tray that holds up to 100 sheets and a rear tray that’s able to hold up to 20 sheets of premium paper
- Has a 5-inch touch screen display that is easy to use and spacious and a power button in addition to a power status light
- This printer accommodates printing on pre-surfaced DVDs, CDs, and Blu-ray discs through a small caddy that easily slides in below the output tray
- One of the easiest printers that you can set up
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices that are running on iOS 9.0 or up
- It doesn’t have an automatic document feeder
HP LaserJet Pro M477fdn Printer
Hewlett Packard is a famous brand that manufactures quality laptops and printers. Although it has an expensive price tag, this HP LaserJet printer is one of the best wireless printers for Mac that you can get in the market today.
- It’s a multifunction laser printer that allows you to print, scan, copy as well as fax
- Enjoy amazing printing speeds of 28 pages per minute with the first page in black and white out in 8.9 seconds and colored out in 9.8 seconds
- Saves you money on printing paper thanks to the automatic document feeder that prints on both sides saving you paper
- The 4.3-inch touchscreen display allows you to easily navigate the printer’s programs
- Has an excellent paper capacity with an input tray that can hold up to 300 sheets of paper making it an excellent choice for small businesses
- It supports a wide variety of paper sizes
- Comes with a one-year hardware warranty in case your printer becomes faulty
- Has the Amazon Dash Replenishment feature that ensures you never run out of toner
- Has various connectivity options such as Ethernet, USB cable, Wi-Fi and allows you to print from your mobile devices via AirPrint
- Has an automatic documents feeder
- It’s expensive
Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4740 Printer
Epson’s Workforce line has a myriad of printer models suited for most, if not all, printing needs. The WF-4740 does an excellent job when it comes to the quality of prints. In addition, it’s also fast and has some desirable features that you’d need in a printer such as NFC, Wi-Fi Direct, as well as two-sided scanning.
- Comes in three different styles to fits your printing needs
- Its performance is beyond laser thanks to the Precision Core software featured in this printer
- Prints 24 and 22 pages per minute for in black and white and colored respectively
- Compared to other laser printers, this printer saves you money as you get to enjoy up to 50 percent lower printing costs
- Features the Amazon Dash Replenishment that ensures you never run out of ink
- Has a paper tray can hold up to 500 sheets of paper as well as a document feeder that is automatic and holds up to 50 sheets of paper
- Has a 4.3-inch color touchscreen display for navigating the printer settings and programs
- Enjoy two-sided printing as well as copying, faxing and scanning
- The paper trays can accommodate different media types in various sizes
- Excellent performance and quality prints
- Some customers have complained of frequent paper jams
A printer is an important investment for a small home office or a small business. However, choosing the wrong printer can leave you with buyer’s remorse. To ensure, you don’t end up regretting your choice; it’s important that you first understand your printing needs and frequency. When it comes to your printer needs, consider the media type that you will be printing most. This is especially important as there are certain printers that don’t support all media types.
In addition, besides printing, ask yourself whether you will also want to scan, fax, and copy. Once you understand your printing needs, compare the various printers available in the market before making a final buying decision.