Displaying your work as an artist is a great way for one to not only build and grow their brand but to also be able to sell the artwork they have created. One way through which artists can showcase their work is by having a website, and they can easily opt to create one for themselves that resonates with their brand and matches their aesthetics. There are numerous website builders that do not require any type of coding and can be used to create the website in just a few hours. We take a look at some of the best website builders that artists can use to make a spectacular online gallery effortlessly.
We felt that Wix was the best builder to start off our list because it is both simple and very easy to use thanks to its drag and drop functionality. Artists can manage all their stuffs from a single place, and they have a range of fabulous, art-centered templates that give an artist’s creative ideas the conceptualization they deserve. Artist can choose between the free website builder plan and one of the three paid-for plans if they feel that they require more unlimited pages and storage space.
- It is extremely easy to use as an artist simply has to drag and drop the different elements of their website until they settle on the one they like best.
- If an artist wants to optimize on selling their artwork on their website, they are forced to use the Wix eCommerce builder, which is separate from the main builder.
- An artist cannot change their template once they have published their website.
- It is limited in storage especially if one opts for the free plan
Artist who are familiar with SEO and would like to optimize on it should certainly consider Weebly. This is because it has strong Search Engine Optimization features that artist can use to grow their brand since your work can be ranked on platforms such as google.
Similarly, to Wix, it also functions through the drag and drop functionality, which makes it easy to manouevre. The platform is available in both free and paid-for plans with the paid plan giving artists more powerful tools. This website builder is ideal for artists who are limited by their budget but are hoping to grow and expand in future.
- Weebly is great for artist who intends to scale as it has some of the best features to facilitate this.
- Its starting plan is one of the cheapest in the market. (it is free and who doesn’t like free things?)
- The premium plans are rather expensive and work best for an artist who have a large budget.
- If the website goes down, an artist is forced to contact customer support to restore it.
Now If you are an artist who is big on design, then this is the go-to website builder for you. Squarespace does not limit an artist creative power, because instead, it helps you unleash your creativity as they can play around with the builder. Squarespace is easy to use, but it does require some bit of knowledge to be able to maneuver. Artists receive a 14-day free trial period after which they have to upgrade to a paid plan in order to access design templates and other paid-for features. The best plan that an artist can opt for would be the personal plan which provides then with a free custom domain and all-round customer service should they need it.
- It has some of the best design templates we have come across in the market.
The features artists receive are quite impressive; they almost make up for the fact that the plans are relatively expensive.
- Artists receive customer support 24/7 to help out with any issues they may experience.
- Squarespace does not have an app store like some of the website builders we have mentioned in the list.
- The price plans are somewhat costly.
Now if you are an artist whose focus is selling your art rather than “showcasing” it, then Shopify is your go-to website builder as it is intended for artists who are keen sellers. This website builder makes your selling process as an artist quite smooth from beginning to end and is perfect if you have numerous items art pieces to sell. The platform is relatively easy to use and has some insanely powerful features to help an artist manage their gallery and effortlessly process payments without impediments. It also has an app that can be used to do all the previously mentioned activities remotely from your phone. To understand the power that Shopify offers artist, the builder has features such as cart abandonment, payment gateways, analytical tracking amongst others
- It is a great way for artists to keep track of their inventory.
- It allows for multichannel selling, which means the artist can use other platforms such as Instagram and Facebook to sell their work.
- Artist have access to over 1000 aps that they can use as addons for whatever features they may need that are not available on shoplift.
- It is somewhat expensive, but that is a small kink given the value for money that artists receive.
- The trial period is really short.
- Artist have to compromise by accepting transaction fees for payments processed via other gateways
- If an artist changes their website to a new theme, the content does not automatically reformat to fit the new theme.
Website are important for an artist because they exude professionalism in the manner through which an artist conducts their business. To help you adapt to modern marketing techniques and avoid the general reticence by majority of artists, you can consider any of the listed website builders above which we consider to the best for artist. When choosing a website builder to use, start by evaluating your needs so you can choose the one that best suits them. We hope you found the list to be helpful as you begin your journey to creating the perfect website.