Have you ever come across the little cartoon characters on YouTube or perhaps when catching up with a TV show? Or have you ever watched those nicely animated cartoon characters on advertisements, that seem so lively and appealing? Well, you should know that a lot of work goes behind such projects. Not only does one require the correct skills and high levels of experience, but you also need the best resources you can find.
In this case, we highly recommend the best tablet for animation as an excellent recommendation for your needs. With one of these tablets, you can easily move around with your projects and still maintain your productivity. The tablets have several unique features that will make animation projects convenient. Below is a list of some of the top brands for you to consider:
Huion KAMVAS GT-156HDV2 (Best Overall)
Discover the excellence of the Huion KAMVAS GT-156HDV2, which has all the unique features, to make animation a breeze. For instance, the tablet has 8192 levels of pen pressure sensitivity, which makes it easy to control drawing lines to your liking. Even more, the tablet comes with customizable press keys, which are ideal for several user-defined shorts cuts. These short cuts are easy to activate using a touch bar.
Even more, the portable and convenient design of the drawing monitor means that you can easily carry it around. It has only 15.6 inches of screen, and is 15 mn in thickness, thus making it a reliable addition to your regimen. You will even appreciate the stronger and more stable design structure, which lets you stop any messes on your desktop.
- 8192 levels of pen pressure sensitivity for ease of use
- Customizable press keys make the tablet convenient
- The portable design weighs on 1.5 kg
- Comes with 3 in cable
- The power button is somewhat small
- Could use improved anti-glare functions
Huion KAMVAS Pro 16 Drawing Tablet Monitor
You can never go wrong with a Huion Tablet. Why? Well, they have several excellent available solutions to suit your needs. For instance, the Huion KAMVAS Pro 16 tablet, which is fully laminated to reduce parallax to the lowest level, and make the stylus accurate. Even more, the tablet has anti-glare technology, which reduces the effects of glare, for enhanced visibility. This way, you will enjoy drawing on the tab in the same way as you would with a pen and paper.
Even more, the til function and battery-free stylus make things highly convenient. More so, the tablet lets you set 6 press keys to your preference. The 15.6 IPS screen is large and bright, thus making it ideal for intensive projects. The 12-% colour gamut delivers richer and smoother transition between colours.
- Fully laminated anti-glare glass makes stylus accurate
- Tilt function and battery-free stylus
- One-touch bar and six press keys
- 120% colour gamut delivers rich content
- The screen lamination is not durable
- Could use a louder speaker
VEIKK Drawing Monitor Tablet
Make your work way much more convenient when you have the VEIKK Drawing VK1560 tablet. This unit can deliver vibrant colours, vivid images and dazzling details in a wide view. When you are working on your animation projects, the screen responds to the pen fast, and its battery-free. The pen has 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity, and it’s available with ten extra nibs for your convenience.
Thanks to as many as seven customizable shortcut keys and a scroll wheel, you have a tablet which is simple to use. You will even be pleased that this unit supports the major OS brands, including Microsoft Windows and MAC os. Thanks to the adjustable stand, you can use this tablet in many angles, without frustration.
- 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity
- Heavy duty and battery free stylus
- Supports both windows and MAC OS
- Sleek and stylish design structure
Huion KAMVAS Pro 13 GT-133
Consider the Huion KAMVAS PRO-13 G-133 Monitor, which comes with a tilt function battery-free stylus for convenient operation. Furthermore, the tablet even has four press keys and one-touch bar to make it easy to use. With 13.3 inches of IPS screen, you will not only save time but also improve your productivity levels. The weight of the tablet is 13 kgs, which makes it easy to move around small spaces.
The exceptional 1205 colour gamut has a 266 PPS report rate so that you can enjoy optimal performance and quick response rates. Plus, the screen surface also features anti-glare glass, which effectively reduces the flare effect, and protects your eyesight.
- Tilt function battery freestyles
- Comes with 8192 levels of pen pressure
- 3 inches IPS screen is bright
- 120% SRB colour gamut with 266 report rate
Best Tablet for Animation Buy Guide
- Tilt function and stylus – most high-end tablet brands come with battery-free styluses, that will provide 8192 levels of pressure. More so, the screen should offer ±60 degrees of natural tilt recognition, to make it convenient.
- Colour gamut – this refers to the range of colours that the tablet can support. Usually, the ideal level averages at 120% SRGB and with a 266 PPS report rate. This way, you can enjoy optimal performance and enhanced response rates.
- Screen quality – check the screen construction and its quality. A good screen should be fully laminated, with anti-glare benefits. More so, the screen should also deliver vibrant and crisp content.
Being able to create characters using colours and designs is a great way to convey a message. Animation is a technique, which delivers the message fast, and it’s multicultural as well. Thus, to produce the best quality animations, get the right resources for your needs. You can start with the best tablet for animation, which is a compact computer, in a compact structure. Similar to most computers, ensure that you check the tablet for suitable hardware and software features. It should be able to support your specific animation projects and without issues such as stalling,