Silver leaves are beautiful to look at. The color looks majestic on almost anything, be it as your wall paint or as paint on your canvas.
While there are tons of different silver leaf colors to choose from, only a few are worth it. You might ask how a simple color can be different in terms of quality. You’d be surprised to know that most colors aren’t created using the same materials and thus it affects the outcome and durability of the paint itself.
But does that mean you should be overly-cautious about what you choose? No, of course not! While all of the colors are great, only a few are the best in their specific class. Today we are going to talk about precisely that.
We’ve put together a guide that informs readers about various silver leaf paints. From simple pen-style silver leaf paints to spray paints, this article has it all. Please keep in mind none of them will be serialized based on their quality.
1. Rub ‘n Buff Metallic Silver Leaf
The Rub n Buff metallic silver leaf is an easy-to-apply silver leaf paint. It’s used mainly as a surface applicant for crafting and decorative materials. It’s made out of selected pigments, glittering metallic powders, and carnauba waxes. All of the components are quality inspected so don’t worry about the product not being up to the mark.
It’s very easy to use too. You can apply it on almost any kind of surface. It can be applied by hand or cloth. However, we recommend using a cloth to apply it. This paint rub is ideal for restoring antiques and home decoration.
One neat trick that you can use with this silver leaf paint rub is that you can use other paint colors to mix it in and give a unique look to your desired object. It makes the object look majestic and unique. As it’s priced at just $12, it’s quite affordable.
- The silver leaf rub is very easy to apply.
- Made with quality components including selected pigments, glittering metallic powders, and carnauba waxes.
- It can be applied on any kind of surface and object.
- It is ideal for restoring antiques and home decoration.
- It can be used to mix with other paint colors and give a unique look to any object.
- Affordable $12 price.
- The quantity is on the lower side and you might need to buy a couple at once.
2. DecoArt Dazzling Metallics
After discussing a decorative silver leaf color option, let’s talk about a silver leaf color that you can pour onto cloth. The Decoart Dazzling Metallics color is a great option not just for applying decorative material pieces but also on cloth.
The DecoArt Dazzling Metallics silver leaf color is made using standard components such as bright metallic flakes and quality pigments. Thus it ensures a longer lifespan. The end result after applying this color is splendid too. The opaque delivery is on point and you can also clean it up easily with just soap and water.
Applying it is similarly effortless. Just shake it well for a couple of seconds then apply it with a sponge or any soft brush. You can also apply it to fabrics. But do make sure that the fabric is pre-washed and well dried.
However, it can’t be used over weathered wood. Other than that bit, it’s a good silver leaf paint to invest your bucks on.
- It can be used on clothes aside from decorative pieces.
- It is made of standard components such as bright metallic flakes and quality pigments.
- On point opaque delivery.
- Easy to apply and clean up.
- Affordable price
- It can’t be used over weathered wood.
3. Krylon COLORmaxx Spray Paint
Let’s head over to some of the silver leaf spray paint options. For this section, the first spray paint that we’ll be talking about is the one from Krylon. The Krylon Colormaxx spray paint is one of the best silver leaf spray paints on the market right now.
The Name Krylon isn’t new in the painting industry. It has a consumer base from the 1950s. This spray paint has a buttery smooth application alongside a stylish-looking metallic sheen. It’s also compatible with a wide range of objects including wood, metal, glass, ceramic, most plastics, and more.
One great thing about this spray paint is that it offers rust protection. Thus you can use it on any of your projects without worrying about longevity. It has a decent full cure time of 48 hours and an affordable price of just $12.
It’s also very useful to use. For starters, it has a big push button on its top that allows users to spray it in any direction. It’ll take a maximum of 20 minutes to get dried. A spray can actually cover an area of up to 25sq feet.
However, the spray might take more time to dry if the can is faulty. Contact the seller for a replacement if you face any such issue. But that’s a one-in-a-million incident. Don’t worry about it much if you’re looking for a decent silver leaf spray paint option.
- It has a buttery smooth application alongside a stylish-looking metallic sheen.
- Compatible with a wide range of objects including wood, metal, glass, ceramic, most plastics, and more.
- This spray paint offers rust protection.
- It has a decent full cure time of 48 hours
- The $12 price is very affordable.
- The color takes a maximum of 20 minutes to dry.
- The spray might take more time to dry if the can is faulty.
4. Rust-Oleum metallic spray paint
Another silver leaf spray paint option that you might already know about is the Rust-oleum Spray paint. This silver leaf spray paint is known across the community as paint that offers affordability and high-durability.
The Rust-Oleum spray paint is based on an oil formula. This paint can prevent rust without any hassle. It also provides corrosion and weather resistance to the surface it is applied to. It’s great to use on surfaces such as metal, concrete, and wood.
The spray is made of quality components such as metal flakes and high-grade pigments, thus the durability is quite high. The finish is excellent too as you’ll notice a shiny and sparkly finish.
The paint has a low drying time of under 20 minutes. The color can cover up to 15sq ft. The price of just $5.5 is cheap and affordable. But the only concern one can have is the color which flakes off occasionally.
- It’s based on an oil-formula that prevents rust from appearing.
- It provides corrosion and weather-resistance to the surface it is applied to.
- Ideal to use on surfaces such as metal, concrete, and wood.
- The spray is made up of quality components such as metal flakes and high-grade pigments.
- Easy-to-use push-button style spray.
- Highly durable paint.
- The paint has a low drying time of under 20 minutes.
- The color can flake off occasionally.
5. Pouring Masters Silver Dollar Paint
Now let’s move on from spray type paints and talk a bit about specific silver leaf color for artists. The first one that I’ll talk about is the pouring style paint from Pouring masters. It’s aimed specifically at artists.
This paint is different from other paints in terms of thickness. It uses a special formula that makes the color stand out and displays better characteristics. You can improve the performance even further with the addition of acrylic mediums as they produce effortless and flawless cells.
This paint allows the artists to stay on flow. While on a flow, you can draw better and with consistency. The price of this paint is quite affordable too as you can have it within $13. There are also bigger sizes available for this paint which weighs up to 64 ounces.
It’s very easy to use as well. You can use this paint on its own or use it with another color to make a new one. But be careful to not stain your clothes, this paint is hard to get off. Other than that I have no complaints, it’s a good silver leaf paint!
- It’s aimed specifically at artists.
- Quite thick paint provides flawless and effortless flow.
- It uses a special formula that makes the color stand out and displays better characteristics.
- Three sizes are available and the lowest price is about $13.
- Maintains consistency with ease throughout the canvas.
- Compatible with all sorts of objects including canvas, rocks, etc.
- The paint is hard to remove.
6. Mont Marte Premium Silver Foil Paint
The last entry on today’s list belongs to the one and only Mont Marte Premium Silver Foil paint. Though many may classify it as a pour style paint, it’s not. It’s an all-rounder paint that does everything well but in bits and pieces!
So what’s all the hype about? Unlike most paints, the Mont Marte silver foil paint comprises a high amount of pigment and metal flakes. The paint maintains its quality on whatever surface it’s applied to. It’s quite durable too and won’t affect any of your objects after being applied.
This paint displays stunning details even in the dark. You can also use this paint on dry artworks as it won’t affect the dryness in any way. The application possibilities are endless with this paint.
You can add several coats to make the color stand out. On top of that, the finishing touch and silver streaks displayed by this paint are incomparable. While it provides all of these features, the prices are a miserly $8. Yes, you read that right!
But with all the good words, there’s also a bit of a catch. The amount of paint inside the container isn’t very much compared to some other paints. But if you don’t have an issue with this, the Mont Marte Premium Silver Foil paint is one of the best silver leaf paints you can opt for!
- This paint comprises a high amount of pigment and metal flakes so it ensures quality on all kinds of surfaces.
- The paint has a great life span and is quite durable.
- It displays stunning details even in the dark.
- It can be used on dry artworks to make them stand out even more. It doesn’t affect the dryness of the painting.
- The finishing touch and silver streaks can be done perfectly with this paint.
- A very miserly price of just $8.
- The amount is less if compared to other silver leaf paints.
Though in today’s article we didn’t talk about any specific type of silver leaf paint, we showed 6 options that are best at their respective field. While some may find a use for all of them, some may find one of them to be better than the rest.
However, this depends solely on the person and which color they like more. But if it were up to me, I’d go for the Mont Marte Premium Silver Foil Paint and Rub ‘n Buff Metallic Silver Leaf paint.
Both of these are easy to use. While they might lack certain features, they also provide colors that last long and have quality. At the end of the day, only that matters!