Nearly 60 million Nintendo Switch consoles have been sold worldwide since its launch in 2017. In addition to the console, you would need several other items to enjoy it. These include an adapter, wrist strap accessories, Nintendo Switch dock, and a Nintendo Switch console, and of course a projector.
In this guide we will go over the best projector for Nintendo Switch, which will help you make a more informed purchasing decision.
#1 Artlii 5500 Lux Movie Projector
Among the things you first notice about this projector is its aesthetic appeal. Besides its majestic black/gray shade, it is equipped to function as an LED projector with a stunning HiFi stereo. It delivers the quality sound that you need while gaming. Additionally, as a home theater projector, it does not disappoint either. Its portability is also a good factor to consider.
- Its high-resolution display is perfect for gaming.
- Small and compact, thus portable.
- Made of durable and sturdy material.
- Aesthetically appealing.
- Capable of projecting on screens that are as large as 200 inches to provide a cinematic feel.
- Enjoys broad compatibility courtesy of the two HDMI ports, Micro SD port, and USB among others.
- Can be connected to a smartphone, tablet, TV box, or from any mainstream media device.
- Ideal for remote learning, parties and festival celebrations.
- Emits topnotch sound thus eliminating the need for extra external amplifiers and speakers.
- Often, you can only adjust the screen size by moving the entire projector.
- Bulb could be vulnerable to overheating and burning.
#2 DR. J Professional HI-04 Mini Projector
The DR. J Professional HI-04 4500L Mini Projector is perfectly compatible with the Nintendo Switch. Weighing a mere 3 pounds and with dimensions of 7.8 x 2.7 x 6.02, there is no doubt that the projector is small enough. It is lightweight too, which makes it extremely portable. Its pocket size makes it more compact than the average projector. Nevertheless, size isn’t everything. With stunning basic controls that include volume, play/pause, keystone adjustment, and directional pad, among others, the projector is easy to use. All the controls are easily accessible too.
- Resolution of 1080 x 1920 and a contrast ratio of 2000:1 it guarantees crisp images.
- Perfect for indoor or outdoor use and entertainment.
- Delivered with a free 100-inch screen.
- Compatible with wide-ranging media options such as Chromecast, TV Box, laptops, PCs, SD Cards, Blue-ray DVD players, USB flash drives, and so on.
- Easy to not only set up but also use.
- Lamp lifetime of 40,000 hours means you will not be dashing for a replacement any time soon.
- It projects images at a distance of 1.5 meters to 5 meters.
- Can project images on surfaces measuring 32 inches to 176 inches.
- Sound options can be a bit off.
- Could be problematic in case you want to use Netflix, Disney+, or Amazon Prime.
- Watch out for the lamp, as several customers have reported that it is not as bright as advertised.
#3 VANKYO Leisure 3 Mini Projector
A gamer who values superior viewing experience in a projector for Nintendo Switch should definitely choose VANKYO Leisure 3 Mini Projector. For starters, the viewing experience is delivered courtesy of the 1920 x 1080 resolution. The fact that MStar Advanced Color powers the projector is great news for gamers, too, especially those interested in enhancing home entertainment. This multimedia portable projector is perfect for viewing videos, and binge-watching TV series. It would not disappoint you either in case you decide to use it for photo browsing. The projector is not only functional but also one of the highest quality machines.
- Not only fitted with a native resolution of 800 x 480 but also supports 1920 x 1080 easily.
- Its brightness is better than the competition’s by up to 60 percent.
- Its versatility is evident on the limitless array of media devices it supports, and these include laptops, PCs, video game consoles, tablets, smartphones and many more.
- Guarantees incredible big-screen experience without the bulkiness associated with massive TV sets.
- Capable of displaying clean images at a distance between 4.9ft and 16.4ft.
- Supports silent watching via its fan noise suppression feature.
- Its battery life can last for up to 40,000 hours thus providing you with plenty of gaming time.
- Easy to set up.
- Watch out for occasional blurry images.
- Quality of images could decrease in around four months.
#4 QKK Mini Projector
QKK Mini Projector delivers 4,500 lumens of brightness. Based on this, it is capable of meeting and surpassing your home entertainment needs. It would not fail you when used indoors or outdoors. Furthermore, it comes with a big bonus of a 100-inch projector screen. Do you plan to play Nintendo Switch while on road trips or camps? In that case, QKK Mini Projector would exceed your expectations too. More importantly, your family would love to gather to watch night movies via this projector. With a longer lamp life of 50,000 hours, you can rest safe in the knowledge that you would be saving tons of money.
- Delivered with a 100-inch projector screen.
- The lamp life’s 50,000 hours is one of the best in the market today.
- Features an impressive catalog of connectivity options such as AV, HDMI, VGA, SD, and HDMI.
- Works perfectly well at providing either indoor or outdoor entertainment.
- Fairly priced.
- Three-year 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed.
- Great picture and volume.
- Provides a theater-like experience when running.
- Small-sized enough not to take up too much space.
- Exceptional sound quality.
- Crisp and clear pictures.
- May only work well with extremely low ambient light.
- Screen is useless unless mounted on light, blank walls.
#5 ViewSonic 1080p Projector
Having a native resolution of 1920 x 1080, this projector already meets one of the requirements for playing Nintendo Switch. The gaming console requires only 720p graphics. More crucially, you do not have to limit yourself to Nintendo Switch. That is because this projector is capable of streaming HD movies from various sources such as Hulu, Amazon Prime, and Netflix, among others. Its reduced input lag is a winner, too, considering the fact that it eliminates the delay between what you do and the images that appear on the screen. As long as the lights are on, the projector’s 3,600 lumens of brightness should give you a wonderful time.
- With a decent lamp life of 15,000 hours, this projector should serve you for a while.
- 3,600 lumens of brightness make it capable of displaying wonderful images during the day or at night too.
- Supports 3D Blu-ray for those interested in watching 3D movies.
- When placed well, the projector would offer you an incredible 300-inch of viewing screen.
- The reduced latency lag of 16ms means you would have an enjoyable time playing Nintendo Switch games.
- Immersive theater-like and cinematic colors.
- It comes in a box packed with a remote control, power cable, and PX700HD 1080p projector.
- A large black borderline surrounding the pictures appears at night or in dimly lit rooms.
- Normal color settings really brighten the reds.
#6 Anker Nebula Capsule
Would you like to travel with your Nintendo Switch everywhere you go? If you would love to travel with it together with the projector too, then this would be a perfect choice. With nothing more than an HDMI cable, you would be able to connect the projector to the Nintendo Switch and play to your heart’s content. On one full charge, this projector delivers four hours of non-stop gaming. Courtesy of its simple design, you would have little difficulty placing it on any surface too. It is even small and stable enough to stand alone on the bed and display images on the opposite wall.
- Goes for up to four hours on a single full charge.
- Projects 100-inch pictures.
- This neat projector is ideal for home entertainment.
- It is fitted with 360o speakers, which enhance sound quality.
- Impressive clarity and contrast.
- The 100 ANSI-lumen images it portrays are recommended for dimly lit surroundings.
- Operates media apps and streaming services flawlessly.
- Depending on placement, you could look forward to either 20-inch or 100-inch projection.
- Impossible to mirror or screencast copyrighted content from Netflix, Hulu, and other similar services.
- The resolution of 854 x 480 needs improving.
- Offers perfect images only when used in dark rooms.
Therefore, you’ve no reason to worry yourself sick, wondering if you will ever get good projectors for Nintendo Switch. Simply pick your choice from any of the projectors reviewed above. As you do so, base your choice on color quality. Remember to consider mounting requirements too. Fan noise is almost a non-issue, but there is no harm in checking if your preferred projector emits it or not. Resolution and optics are critical too. Otherwise, you would not enjoy any game you play on the Nintendo console. Save space in your living room by going for these projectors instead of buying huge TV sets.