If you’re an artist or just a person who is curious about fabric printing, you’ll know how important heat transfer is. In this process, heat is transferred along with the graphics through the paper and onto a cloth or object.
Following specific techniques while still having flexibility alongside versatility is a must in a printer for heat transfers. It’s quite important to have a printer that could print via heat transfers with pinpoint accuracy. But can you buy just about any printer for heat transfer? The answer is a big “No!”.
Issues such as performance, features, cartridges, and connectivity matter greatly while choosing a printer for heat transfers. But should you spend hours searching for all these relevant features in a printer?
You definitely do not have to because the list you’re reading right now consists of the best printers for heat transfer. We’ve hand-picked these printers so you don’t have to.
1. HP OfficeJet Pro 9015
The first pick for this list goes to the HP OfficeJet Pro 9015. Filled to the brim with all sorts of great features, you’re bound to like this printer for heat printing. The performance is great along with a great price.
First, we’d like to discuss how it performs. This printer is 37% smaller than its predecessors and has a blazing printing speed of 32 PPM. The printing resolution is very high too as you’ll receive up to 4800 x 1200 dpi print resolution. It has 4 cartridges so heat transferring can be done in a lot of various combinations. It also has a decent monthly cycle of up to 25,000 pages.
Now that we’ve mentioned the performance, let’s have a chat over the features. This printer comes with both ADF and duplex printing. You can also create editable, searchable documents with the help of the HP smart app.
The HP OfficeJet pro has Wi-Fi security, document protection, basic encryption, and password protection for your personal or valuable information. This printer also has a diverse connection interface and direct printing compatibility. Meanwhile, the self-healing wi-fi ensures your device is not being disconnected with 3 stages of reconnection.
What’s the catch for all these features? None! We couldn’t find anything that can halt heat transfer with this printer. Go for it, it’s the best one!
- 37% smaller than its predecessors and has a blazing printing speed of 32 PPM.
- Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi print resolution and a 4-cartridge setup.
- A decent monthly cycle of up to 25,000 pages.
- It comes with both ADF and duplex printing.
- It can create editable, searchable documents with the help of the HP smart app.
- Provides Wi-Fi security, document protection, basic encryption, and password protection for your personal or valuable information.
- Diverse connection interface and direct printing compatibility.
2. HP ENVY Photo 7155
Coming in at a close second, we have the HP Envy Photo 7155. Though the Envy 7155 is better at printing pictures and all other functions, the OfficeJetPro took a slight lead with its performance. Nonetheless, this is also a very good printer!
Off the bat, I’d like to state that the HP Envy Photo 7155 is very budget-friendly! It costs less than 5 cents. Therefore, you can print all day without thinking about the cost going up! You can print directly using the HP Smart app or print without a network using Wireless Direct printing.
Now let’s talk about the performance. The resolution of this printer is quite high at 4800 x 1200 dpi. The printing speed is great too as you’ll get up to 14 ppm print speed. It also has a dual ink cartridge set up so you can always mix and match the colors you want.
Aside from printing, this printer can also scan and copy without any hassle. On top of this, it also comes with fast USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth LE connection interfaces. It also has a 2.65″ color navigation screen.
However, one thing that I don’t like is its low monthly duty cycle. It can print a mere 1000 pages every month. If you’re a heavy printer user, it would be better not to go for this one. But if you’re just an occasional user, chances are, you’re going to like this printer a lot!
- It costs less than 5 cents to print.
- Print directly using the HP Smart app or print without a network using Wireless Direct printing.
- A high printing resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi.
- Up to 14 ppm print speed.
- Comes with fast USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth LE connection interfaces.
- Dual ink cartridge setup.
- A low monthly duty cycle of just 1000 pages.
3. Epson Expression Premium XP-6100
If you’re looking for a budget option heat transfer printer then the Epson Expression Premium XP-6100 can be a great choice. Though it is a bit old, version-wise, it’s great nonetheless.
Even though this printer is about a year older than other printers on this list, it is still Alexa-enabled. You can just voice command your way through all the tasks. Aside from printing, it can also copy and scan effortlessly.
Now let’s talk about the performance of this printer. The print resolution is very high at 5760 x 1440 dpi. The printing speeds are good too as you’ll receive up to 15.8 PPM speed. It’s great for heat transfer because of the 5 x individual cartridge setup.
You can preview the photos and navigate printing with the 2.4” control panel. The connectivity options are diverse too as you’ll find fast USB Type-A and Wi-Fi interfaces. On top of this, it supports direct printing from a lot of apps including Mopria, Airprint, Google Cloud Print.
However, it has a big catch. It can only work with the cartridges from Epson as claimed by the manufacturers. Unless you want to take a bit of risk, you shouldn’t opt for this one. But if you do choose to go for this one, you’ll find a great budget printer for heat transfer!
- Supports the Alexa voice command and you can print by command.
- The print resolution is very high at 5760 x 1440 dpi.
- A good printing speed of 15.8 PPM.
- It’s great for heat transfer because of the 5 x individual cartridge setup.
- You can preview the photos and navigate printing with the 2.4” control panel.
- Diverse and fast USB Type-A and Wi-Fi connection interfaces
- It can only work with the cartridges from Epson as claimed by the manufacturers.
4. Brother HL-L6200DW
Looking for a monochrome printer that can also do heat transfers? In that case, you’re in for a treat! The Brother HL-L6200DW is perhaps the best monochrome printer at the moment. It can also do heat transfer quite well!
I’ll discuss the performance of this printer first. You’ll be surprised as it has a blazing fast 48PPM print speed. The print resolution is fantastic too as you’ll get up to 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution. The details are crisp and the texts are clear because of such a high resolution.
Onto the features, this printer has duplex printing compatibility. It also has a paper tray capacity of 1,610 sheets. That’s massive! It can also handle all sorts of paper types from A4 to letter, envelope, and of course heat transfer paper.
The BrotherHL6200DW has a triple-layer security system. It protects your data from being stolen or harmed in any way. The connection options are diverse too as you’ll find USB 2.0, ethernet, and Wi-Fi interfaces. You can also print from your mobile devices via apps such as AirPrint and Google Cloud Print 2.0.
However, this printer doesn’t have an ADF so keep that in mind while going for this printer.
- It has a blazing fast 48PPM print speed.
- A fantastic print resolution of up to 1200 x 1200 dpi.
- Supports duplex printing.
- It can also handle all sorts of paper types from A4 to letter, heat transfer paper.
- The triple layer security system protects your data from being stolen or harmed in any way.
- You can print from your mobile devices via apps such as AirPrint and Google Cloud Print 2.0
- No ADF.
5. Epson WorkForce WF-7720
Now let’s start venturing into the expensive section of this list. And an expensive printer that you should have a look at is Epson WF-7720. This printer has great specs along with a reasonable price for the features.
So what’s the fuss about? Hear out the performance section, you’ll understand why. It has a massive 4800 x 2400 dpi print resolution. The printouts are always crisp and of perfect quality. The print speeds are decent too with 18PPM. This printer can also print borderless up to 13″ X 19″.
The Epson WF-7720 is compatible with all the latest versions of both Mac and Windows. It’s quite budget-friendly too as it uses up to 80 percent less power than other printers. It can also scan, copy and fax and has a 35-page ADF.
The connection interface is fast with USB Mini-B and Wi-Fi interfaces. It’s great for heat transfer because of the 4 x individual cartridge setup. Finally, the monthly duty cycle of 20,000 is great too.
However, like the other Epson printer we mentioned in this list, It can only work with the cartridges from Epson as claimed by the manufacturers.
- It has a massive 4800 x 2400 dpi print resolution.
- Decent print speed of 18PPM.
- It can print borderless up to 13″ X 19″.
- It is compatible with all the latest versions of both Mac and Windows.
- It uses up to 80 percent less power than other printers.
- It’s great for heat transfer because of the 4 x individual cartridge setup.
- A great monthly duty cycle of 20,000 pages
- It can only work with the cartridges from Epson as claimed by the manufacturers.
6. Epson EcoTank ET-15000
For this option, I don’t think there is anything better than the Epson EcoTank ET-15000. This is an Inktank style printer that provides its users with both performance and efficiency.
The ET-15000 can save up to 90% ink because of its enhanced ink chemistry. The cost of printing is cheap too. All you’ll need is just 1 cent to print each page! It’s also great for printing special types of paper such as heat transfer because it has a separate feed and tray.
According to Epson, this printer is the #1 Best Selling Supertank Printer. Its performance backs this claim. It has a super high 4800 x 1200 dpi print resolution. The print speeds are fast too with 18PPM. It also has a 4 x built-in tank allowing great performance while heat transferring. It also has a high monthly duty cycle of 33,000 pages.
This printer comes with up to 2 years worth of ink in the box. It also has ADF alongside fast connection interfaces and mobile printing support. This printer also has support for faxing, copying, and scanning alongside printing.
The only complaint we have however is its price. It’s quite expensive for a printer. If you can excuse that, then this printer is surely the one for you.
- It can save up to 90% amount of ink because of its enhanced ink chemistry.
- Cheap 1 cent-per-page printing cost.
- It has a super high 4800 x 1200 dpi print resolution.
- A great printing speed of 18PPM.
- The 4 x built-in tank allows great performance while heat transferring
- A high monthly duty cycle of 33,000 pages.
- Supports faxing, copying, and scanning alongside printing.
- Very expensive
7.Epson Artisan 1430 Wireless Color Wide-Format
When it comes to printing machines, The Epson Artisan 1430 is among the leading brands you should consider. Why? This machine boasts of all the unique features you need to make printing a breeze. For instance, this unit ensures convenient wireless networking, all thanks to the Wi-Fi connectivity function. Furthermore, the Artisan 1430 can even create large size and gallery worthy prints.
You will also be pleased that this unit lets you print conveniently from your smartphone, tablet, or even a computer. Moreover, the Artisan 1430 is also capable of color and lighting correction for your photos. The photos printed on this unit are also smudge, scratch, and fade-free, all thanks to the Claria Hi-Definition Ink. Thanks to the heavy-duty design of this unit, you are sure of many years of reliable longevity because it is a fully functional machine.
- Borderless high definition photos.
- Wireless printing for your handheld device.
- Six-color Claria ink ensures high-quality prints.
- Heavy-duty printer design.
- Somewhat heavy in structure.
- It takes a few minutes to boot up.
While many would just advise picking up any printer, it shouldn’t be done if you want the maximum value for your buck. Things such as cartridge setup and resolution are monumental for heat transferring as it indicates how detailed and colorful your graphic would be.
The HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 is the best printer for heat transfer without any doubt. It provides maximum performance for the money you’ll spend. However, if you want the best specs and performance, the Epson Ecotank RT-15000 is the one to go for.