Whether you are into making personalized greeting cards, event invitations, educational flashcards, stickers, labels, decorations and more – printing correctly is the first step to making a good impression with your work. Finding the best printer for crafters is extremely important, but also difficult, considering all the optionso n the marketing.
Yes, these are printers which can still perform the conventional printing functions, but with added features to make crafting work convenient. More so, owning a good printer helps you make a good impression on your clients.
#1 – Canon TS9521C Wireless Crafting Printer
Finally, the printer that can do it all at once. Really? Yes, the Canon TS9521C wireless crafting printer is perfect for your craft projects and everyday needs. It can print from your favourite devices, regardless of whether it’s a tablet, memory card or computer. The printer provides you with access to the common platforms such as Air Print, Morea Print Service and more.
It also offers 12 x 12 inches paper support, and with an auto document feeder to make printing highly convenient. Also, the PIXMA TS9521C is extraordinarily versatile and ready to handle lots of projects. The printer is ready for craft projects and your everyday printing needs. It’s a versatile unit that can handle your everyday printing needs as well, including school projects, documents, photos and more.
Furthermore, with the support of Air Print, Morea Print Service and Wi-Fi, this unit is highly convenient for your needs.
- Comes with five individual inks for craft projects
- Can support 12 x 12 inches papers
- Convenient auto document feeder
- Somewhat heavy in size
#2 – HP ENVY Photo 6222 Wireless All-in-One Printer
This outstanding description is not far off when you have the HP Envy Photo 6222 wireless all one printer. The printer can produce stunning photos and personalized crafts, right out of the box, and it makes up for one of the most versatile printers on the market.
Side note: It also made our list of the best printers for cricut, one of the favorite tools of a home crafters everywhere!
Well, let’s just say that this unit keeps tasks moving with scan, print and copy speeds that you won’t find anywhere else. Thanks to the wireless connectivity function, you can rely on this unit to connect to your network or mobile device. It even has a reliable dual-band wi-fi function, that ensures a stable connection for stable performance each time.
This high-performance printer will produce vibrant, borderless photos and flyers, that have authentic colours. It can even print conveniently on both sides of a paper, while also tackling high volume print jobs. The printer will also deliver dependable printer performance and consistent page yields.
- Can print conveniently on both sides of a paper
- Reliable dual band wi fi for convenience
- Consistent page yields and lifelike printing results
- Can print using original 64 high yield cartridges
- Could use a better document feeder structure
#3 – Silhouette America Curio Crafting Printer
Printing your crafts has never been this easy. How exactly is this true? Well, the Silhouette America Curio Printer is among some of the top products that help you achieve such a goal. It has a diverse set of features that make printing a breeze – each time. Aside from the unique stippling and etching functions, the printer can also perform various other embossing techniques. These include Path Emboss, Score and Emboss, and Print & Emboss to make it highly convenient.
With the Curio printer, you will find it easy to cut prints on papers and apply unique designs and patterns. It even has a 5mm clearance, which makes it convenient to feed thicker materials through the machine. You will also find it easy to create stunning multi-colour artwork, all thanks to the conventional dial carriage.
- Comes with a new deep cut blade for convenience
- 5mm clearance for feeding thick material
- Can create a stunning multicolor sketch with a dual carriage
#4 – Canon SELPHY CP1300 Wireless Compact Photo Printer
You are one step away from becoming one of the best crafters in your workplace. How exactly can the Canon SELPHY CP1300 Wireless Photo Printer help you? Well, this printer has all the unique features you need to print crafts like a pro. Not only will it produce crafts that dry instantly, but also look appealing for many years to come.
You will also enjoy the convenience of connecting to your smartphone or tablet with ease by using the Canon PRINT app3. Even more, this robust printer lets you print directly from USB or the memory card in your camera. With its sleek and portable design, the SELPHY CP1300 is highly convenient to use each time.
It even features a tilting 3.2-inch LCD screen, which makes it easy to choose, edit and print photos. The output tray capacity averages at 18 sheets, and with a postcard size paper cassette for your convenience.
- Can print directly from USB or memory card
- Available with an optional battery pack
- Robust 3.2-inch LCD screen for convenience
- Could use better portability features
#5 – Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000
Take your printing regimen to the next level when you have the Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 wireless colour printer. This unit will produce professional ultra HD photo quality and borderless prints of up to 13 x 19 inches. It even comes with an original 6 colour Claria Photo HD ink, which includes red and gray inks, for an ultra-wide colour gamut.
The printer is also suitable for professional projects in various ways. For instance, it features a 50-sheet rear tray, which is perfect for specialty media. Plus, the printer can accommodate multiple types of paper finishes and borderless sizes.
Designed to be 30 percent smaller than its predecessor, this printer offers compactness without sacrificing performance in any way. Also, the Epson brand has done well to include convenient printing features such as the 2-sided document printing function.
- Individual 6 colour Claria photo HD ink with a large colour gamut
- Prints easy thanks to the 50-sheet rear tray
- Can accommodate different types of paper finishes
- Ultra-compact and 30 percent smaller than its predecessor
- The power cord is short for some users
#6 – HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 All-in-One Wireless Printer
Upgrade your office when you have the HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 All in one wireless printer. This unit home printer might be 14% smaller, but it offers fast printing speeds of as much as 20 pages per minute. It will also help you organize your documents faster by reducing any repetitive tasks and sync your files to your chosen cloud platform. With such a unique combination of features, it’s easy to see why this printer is an excellent way to digitize and organize your files conveniently.
The printer can also work remotely, all thanks to the convenient HP smart app. It lets you access the printer to evaluate the ink levels, to print and scan on the go conveniently. The best part about using the printer is that it even comes with self-healing Wi-Fi. This way, you never have to worry about poor connections or getting your files compromised.
- Provides printing speeds of 20 pages per minute
- Can sync documents automatically to cloud platforms
- Comes with self-healing Wi-Fi for convenient use
- Inbuilt security essentials such as Wi-Fi security
- Slow boot-up time
How to Buy the Best Printers for Crafters
- Physical structure – some printers are large, some medium and some small. Go for a compact printer that all the features you need. Also, consider going for a sleek one that will complement your professional space.
- LCD screen – using a printer becomes convenient when it has an LCD. The screen often lets you edit, print, scan or customize your printer settings. Some higher-end brands even have screens with anti-glare and can also tilt for convenience.
- Security features – you will also benefit when you have a highly secure printer. Expect security features such as basic encryption, password protection, Wi-Fi/internet security, and document/file protection.
- Remote printing – the top printers are also available with compatible apps, which make it easy to print via Wi-Fi.
When it comes to making the most out of your artwork projects, it’s important when you have the correct crafting resources. In this guide, we have identified some of the best printers for crafters for you to consider. These are highly specialized printers, which you can use to work on a diverse array of artwork projects. Not only can they print-rich text and images, but you can also customize them to produce flashcards, and more. Remember to choose a printer that suits your specific needs, or the nature of your crafting work.