Do you have suppliers or workers you need to pay by check? At a time when COVID-19 has hit hard, you probably prefer to pay them electronically or via bank transfers rather than in cash (which has a limit of up to $10,000 in the US) or check like you used to do before.
Nevertheless, normalcy will return at some point, thus making you return to the old, trusted method of paying by check. In that case, you would have to consider buying a good printer for the checks. The market is full of different types of printers, which can be quite confusing if you have no idea what to look for. For that reason, read this review to acclimatize yourself with the best printers for check to buy in 2020.
HP Laserjet Pro P1109w Monochrome Printer
You will not find a better HP printer for printing top quality checks. For starters, it allows you to print wirelessly, whether you are at home or in the office. With its Instant-On feature, it enables you to start and finish printing in a flash. Furthermore, its energy-saving and paper-saving features help you to not only save money but also conserve resources. The fact that it is ultra-compact means that you will be saving space on your desk too.
As if that is not enough, the printer’s sleek and industrial design makes it to stand out anywhere. Additionally, you are also free to use it to print checks from your mobile devices without having to turn on your computer. More importantly, it delivers professional and cost-effective prints.
- 24/7 customer support via the web to handle any issues that it might have
- Excellent print quality
- It has a long-lasting toner
- Compatible with generic toners too
- Compact-sized thus does not take up too much space
- Operates quietly and fast
- Capable of handling heavy-duty printing
- Uneventful setup
- Wireless feature can be a hard to install
- Auto Off feature sets in after four hours of non-use
HP Laserjet Pro P1606dn
Are you interested in printing your checks at a supersonic speed? In that case, your first choice of a printer should be HP Laserjet Pro P1606dn. It delivers the fast laser printing that you need in your small office, as you work from home during the COVID-19 lockdowns. The fast printing is possible because of the printer’s Instant-On Technology.
Further, the printer is shareable via its built-in Ethernet networking feature, which is a plus for the small home office. Its automatic two-sided printing saves paper while Instant-On Technology conserves energy. The more paper and energy you save, the more money you also save. One of its biggest attractions is the HP ePrint feature that allows printing from anywhere.
- Supports virtual printing from anywhere with its HP ePrint feature
- Compact thus saving desk space
- Quiet mode allows the printer to operate soundlessly
- Prints sharp images and bold, crisp texts
- Energy saving and cost-effective
- Prints fast courtesy of its Instant-On Technology
- Topnotch network functionality
- Compatible with Windows and Apple products
- AirPrint feature allows you to print wirelessly from iPod, iPhone, or iPad
- Its toner cartridges are not cheap
- Susceptible to alignment problems
Epson XP-640 Wireless Color Photo Printer 2.7
Is HP the only brand that makes quality check printers? Epson, too has a few aces up its sleeve, and this includes the stunning high-speed merchant known as Epson XP-640 Wireless Color Photo Printer 2.7. In that name, you have probably noticed the word “wireless.” That definitely shows you that the printer excels in wireless surroundings.
Therefore, let nothing hold you back from using it with your iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android tablets, or just your preferred smartphone. The fact that it does more than printing should also get you excited. Among the multiple tasks, it performs include scanning, copying, and printing photos. Further, the quality of its prints is unmatched. To crown it all, it prints the most complicated and colorful check-in 20 seconds!
- Vivid and bright prints
- Sharp texts
- Ultimate wireless
- Wi-Fi Direct is available for network-free printing
- Dash Replenishment feature informs you when the ink is running low
- Comes with 5-color inks
- Incompatible with third party inks or cartridges
- Easy to set up
- The auto 2-sided printing feature saves time and paper
- Only works with Epson cartridges
- Permitting automatic updates from Epson may cause malfunctioning
Samsung Xpress SL-M2835DW/XAA Wireless Monochrome Printer
Under the category of wireless printers, you will find fewer options that are as excellent as this monochrome printer from Samsung. For starters, its Near Field Communication (NFC) feature gives you all that you need for wireless printing. Added to that is the fact that it’s an Amazon Dash Replenishment (ADR) enabled printer, which means you will always know in advance if your ink is about to run out, thus giving you ample time to order a replacement.
How many checks do you have to print? Do not allow that number to scare you. That is because this printer dishes prints at a mindboggling pace of up to 29 pages a minute. Apart from all that, it’s Easy Eco Driver feature not only saves you money but also reduces environmental impact.
- Informs you beforehand when you are about to run out of toner with its Amazon Dash Replenishment
- Supports wireless printing courtesy of its Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Remarkable speeds of 29 prints per minute
- Easy Eco Driver feature reduces environmental impact while cutting costs
- Rarely breaks down despite handling tons of check-printing tasks
- Efficient ink consumption
- Remarkably smaller than past Samsung laser printers
- Exemplary wireless capacity
- Incomplete instructions for setting it up could cause malfunctioning
- A hard-to-find back extension
- Needs a specific type of paper otherwise, you would be dealing with several paper jams
MICR Toner International Laserjet M15w
Some printers perform their check-printing duties with distinction. MICR Toner International Laserjet M15w is one such printer. It serves your needs well as a wireless printer, thus leaving you with a clean workspace. It arrives with a pre-installed toner cartridge for printing all the checks that you need.
Nevertheless, if you need to, you can also order a USB cable separately. Further, the printer’s yield of 1,000 standard pages just about sheds that of its competitors in the industry though the decisive factor here is the fact that it delivers 3,000 checks arranged three per A4 sheet. It is also worth mentioning that the check-printing software you need is sold separately too.
- Highly efficient laser printer
- Guarantees professional quality output
- Smallest in its class but just as effective as the rest
- Compactness makes it highly portable
- Can print at speeds of up to 18-19 prints per minute
- Works well with renewable toner
- Easy to set up
- Takes less desk space
- Weighs only 10 pounds
- Does not come with preinstalled check-printing software
- Not sold together with a USB cable
Brother HL-L2340DW Compact Laser
You are guaranteed a speed of up to 27 prints per minute with this printer. If that does not convince you of the need for buying this printer, then perhaps the stunning and clean look will appeal to you. Nevertheless, nobody buys a check printer for its aesthetics. In that regard, the fact that the printer delivers high-quality products at a remarkable speed of up to 27 pages per minute should cause a smile to break on your face.
Further, it is one of the easiest printers to set up too. You can also share it on your wireless network or take up the option of connecting locally using a USB interface. Additionally, you are free to print via your mobile device courtesy of features such as AirPrint, Wi-Fi Direct, Brother iPrint and Scan, and Google Cloud Print.
- Superb speed of 27ppm
- Easy to set up
- Supports printing via mobile devices
- Automatic duplex printing saves paper
- Its tray has a 250-sheet capacity
- Comes with a manual feed slot for check/envelope printing
- Enclosed power output
- Instruction manual is easy to follow
- Shareable among multiple users
- Part of the amazing world of Class 1 laser printers
- Uses toner cartridge
- Takes a while to enter your Wi-Fi password
- Connecting printer to the home network can be quite problematic
What you might not have gleaned from the above information is the fact that all these printers have the necessary security features. These include watermarks, thermochromatic ink, and unique numbering. Their software compatibility is top of the charts too. More interestingly, the printers will give you the quality that you need, which augurs well when you want to present a professional image to your workers and suppliers. Therefore, get one of these to run your small business more efficiently from home while in lockdown caused by COVID-19, the global pandemic. Even if you just want to plan your household’s finances more efficiently, you should embrace these printers as soon as possible.