Acetates are a sort of transparent sheet that can be printed upon for arts and craft purposes. And if done right, these sheets can bring out some of the most stunning pieces of art you can see. But printing on acetate isn’t easy by any means.
You see the problem with an acetate sheet is it being plastic. And as it is plastic, you can’t use it inside of a laser printer. The laser printer would just burn the plastic and both the printer and sheet would end up being decimated.
That sounds terrifying, right? Don’t worry. The best printer for printing acetates isn’t a laser printer. And instead of an InkJet printer. And while there are a lot of InkJet printers out there, only a few of them can be considered the best.
With that said, let’s have a look at some of the best printers for acetate. For creating this list we prioritized price, features, and performance. Let’s begin!
#1.HP OfficeJet Pro 8025
Hands down the best printer for printing acetates is the HP OfficeJet Pro 8025. This InkJet printer has the performance and value that a buyer would desire. And on top of this, you can use the Alexa voice command with this!
This is not on a printer, but you can also use it as a fax, copy and scan machine. It’s 14% smaller in size compared to its predecessors. You can also sync directly to apps such as Google drive and QuickBooks.
The performance of this printer is great too. It has a high print resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi. And the print speeds are quite fast too with 20PPM print speed. This printer also supports duplex printing and has a massive monthly duty cycle of 20,000+ pages.
This printer supports direct printing with the HP smart app. The printer has a sustainable design and 15% of it was made from recycled plastic. The HP OfficeJet pro also offers high security with its basic encryption, password protection, Wi-Fi security, and document protection.
But one thing to keep in mind is that the printer can get heated if over-pressurized. But without this there isn’t much to talk about, it’s a near-perfect printer for printing acetate.
- It can be used as a fax, copy and scan machine aside from printing.
- It can sync directly to apps such as Google drive and QuickBooks.
- It has a high print resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi.
- Blazing fast print speed of 20 PPM.
- Duplex printing compatible
- A massive monthly duty cycle of 20,000+ pages.
- Great security module consisting of high security with its basic encryption, password protection, Wi-Fi security, and document protection.
- Gets heated if over-pressurized.
#2. HP OfficeJet Pro 6978
But if you want a more simple option to go for then the HP OfficeJet Pro is what you should go after. This Printer is a predecessor to the OfficeJet Pro 8025 and has performed along with features.
The main selling point of this printer is its multiple functionalities. You can print, scan, copy and fax with this printer. This printer is also compatible with a lot of media besides Acetate. Some of these media include A4, Legal, and Letter. It also has instant ink ready so your ink running out wouldn’t be a problem.
Now let’s talk about the performance of this printer. It has a max resolution of 600 x 1200 dpi. Though this isn’t the best, it’s good enough. The print speed is good too. You can get up to 20PPM print speed with this printer, the same as HP 8025.
You can easily print from your mobile using the HP smart app. You can also use ethernet and wireless connection options. This printer also comes with both ADF and Duplex printing compatibility.
The only nitpick about this printer is its high maintenance cost, aside from that, it’s another near-perfect printer. Pick it up if you like it!
- This printer can print, scan, copy and fax
- Compatible with a lot of media including acetate, A4, and Legal.
- A decent max resolution of 600 x 1200 dpi.
- Fast 20PPM print speed.
- Mobile printing, wireless, and ethernet connectivity options available.
- Compatible with ADF and Duplex printing.
- This printer has a high maintenance cost.
#3. Brother MFC-J995DW
If you’re looking to save Ink costs while printing acetates then perhaps your best bet would be the Brother MFC-J99DW printer. This INKtank style printer has low ink consumption along with a large supply of Ink!
The main selling point of this printer is its huge Ink supply! I’m not kidding! This printer comes with up to 1 year of Ink in the box. So quit worrying about paying for Ink! And as this printer can also scan, copy and fax on top of printing is just a bonus!
Now let’s talk about the performance of this printer. The Brother MFC-J995DW has a massive 6000 x 1200 dpi printing resolution. On top of this, the print speeds are decent too with 12 pages every minute. The monthly duty cycle is decent too as it can print up to 5,000 every month
This printer supports wireless printing through desktop and mobile devices. You can use apps such as.AirPrint and Google Cloud Print to print. This printer also has both ADF and duplex printing compatibility.
But the only thing you might not like is that this printer can only be used with cartridges from Brother (As per manufacturers). But if that doesn’t bother you then this is perhaps the best printer for you.
- This printer comes with up to 1 year of Ink in the box.
- It has a massive 6000 x 1200 dpi printing resolution.
- A decent 12 PPM print speed.
- A decent monthly cycle of up to 5,000 pages.
- Supports direct printing from both desktop and mobile devices.
- It has both ADF and duplex printing compatibility.
- This printer can only be used with cartridges from Brother.
#4. Canon TS6420
Not looking for anything flashy but rather a simple printer? Then The Canon TS6420 is what you should go after. This is a basic printer that can handle printing on acetate with ease.
Though this is a pretty simple printer, it can scan and copy besides printing. This printer also has a really easy setup for desktop and mobile phones. You can also print various types of media with this printer. Some of them include Acetate, A4, Letter, and legal.
Now let’s move on to the performance part. Though the performance isn’t the best in the world, it’s pretty good. The print speed is a decent 13PPM. But the print resolution is quite high at 4800×1200 DPI. This printer also supports duplex printing.
It uses fast Bluetooth, USB Type-B, and Wi-Fi connection interfaces. You can also print directly via Apple AirPrint and Canon PRINT. It also has a 1.4″ control panel through which you can control it with ease.
However, if you don’t like simple style printers then this isn’t for you. But if you don’t have any complaints about it being simple then this is perhaps the best printer for you.
- It can scan and copy besides printing.
- It can print various types of media including Acetate, A4, Letter, and legal.
- It has a decent 13PPM print speed.
- The print resolution is quite high at 4800×1200 DPI
- Fast Bluetooth, USB Type-B, and Wi-Fi connection interfaces are available.
- Supports direct printing via Apple AirPrint and Canon PRINT.
- The printer is too simple.
#5. HP ENVY 6055
If you’re on a budget then the best thing for you would be the HP Envy 6055. This printer has all the features you might need and doesn’t cost much too.
Despite being a budget printer, the HP Envy 6055 has a few high priced features. For example, it can scan and copy aside from printing. This printer is great for nature too as about 20% of it is recycled from used plastic. It also has self-healing WI-Fi that has 3 stages of connectivity.
As for the performance, it’s good overall. You’ll get up to 4800 x 1200 dpi printing resolution. The print speeds are decent too with 10PPM print speed. It also supports borderless printing up to 8.5 x 11″.
The connection interfaces are quite fast as you’ll find USB Type-B and Wi-Fi interfaces. It supports direct printing through AirPrint and HP smart app. The manufacturers also provide 1 year of limited hardware warranty.
Though the monthly duty isn’t very high, it should be the least of your concerns. And as it’s a budget printer for printing acetate, you won’t get a better one than this one.
- It can scan and copy aside from printing
- It’s eco friendly and about 20% of it is recycled from used plastic.
- A massive 4800 x 1200 dpi printing resolution.
- A decent 10PPM print speed.
- Borderless printing is supported up to 8.5 x 11″ sized media.
- The manufacturers also provide 1 year of limited hardware warranty.
- At just 1,000 pages a month, the monthly duty cycle isn’t very high.
While many would just pick any printer for printing acetates, it could end up being fatal. A laser printer will melt the plastic which may end up damaging more than your printer. And for that, An InkJet printer is what you should go for.
And among all the InkJet printers, the HP OfficeJet pro 8025 is the best. It provides maximum value for its price and has a lot of useful features!