Unlike a couple of years back, when photographs were everything, smartphones have changed how we view photography as well as how photos are memorialized. However, photobooks are a way through which we can still hold on to the traditional way of displaying photos. Making a photo book is a simple and fast way of ensuring you capture yours and your loved one’s memories without breaking the bank. Whether you are thinking of getting a photobook as a personal memento or as a gift for a loved one, you are guaranteed of being a crowd-pleaser if you can find the right people/ company for the job. Finding a photobook printing services is not easy, especially given the number of services providers who have saturated the market today. But this is not to say that it is impossible. In this article, we trawled and tried various photo book services reviewing them based on different factors such as the cost, quality, speed, options offered, and many more to give you the best photobook printing services in the market today.
Printique (by Adorama)
If you are familiar with Adoramapix, then you already know Printique as the company changed its name. The thing that remained constant despite the name change is their high-quality photobook printing services. The company stands out in its use of quality products, which in turn create photobooks that last for generations to come. Just like with some of the other services mentioned in the article, Printique spoils its customers endlessly by giving them a variety of sizes, paper types, and covers to choose from. This means customers can customize their photobooks to their satisfaction.
- Printique does not charge its customers for layflat photobooks.
- The customization options are plentiful.
- The printing paper used for the photobooks has excellent archival quality which means the photobooks will last for a long time to come.
- The company’s online interface is challenging for beginners to maneuver.
- In comparison to other photobook printing services, Printique has less cover and background options.
Snapfish is a photobook printing service that has been in the business for a long time, and it is well known by many around the globe. This company offers its customers with simple templates that they can easily edit to achieve the photobook look of their dreams. To help customers actualize this, customers are usually guided through the process from start to finish. With over 120 themes to pick from and various templates, we guarantee that you will be spoilt for choice when creating your photobook. In addition to this, Snapfish also have a variety of paper, binding, and covers that can be used on the photobook, which we must admit was a pleasant surprise for us. Snapfish is one of the fastest and easiest services you can use, especially if you do not have much time to create.
- The service is extremely straightforward, and customers are walked through each step of creating the photobook.
- The template and theme selection is massive, and customers will be spoilt for choice.
- It’s among the few services that we tried that provided its customers with book type and size options.
- They are constantly running promotions which means customers are likely to find very good prices for their photobooks.
- Their core service is printing photos and not creating photobooks, which is noticeable in the quality of the physical photobook we received.
First, at the top of the list has to be Mixbook, which led the pack because it encapsulated many different factors. Mixbook is an online photobook printing service that delivers on high-quality photobooks and has a software that is extremely user friendly, thus making it accessible for many. The software made it very easy for us to put together our photobook, which had quite a pleasant and stunning finish. Users are offered a variety of theme options, which means that regardless of the photobook one is trying to create, there is a likelihood that they can achieve it with Mixbook. With the themes covered, the company offers delightfully simple but extremely editable templates that allow for one’s creative juices to run free. Finally, with Mixbook, you can easily personalize your photobooks thanks to the wide range of materials and stickers that are readily on offer.
- The photobook prints have some of the best photo quality we have come across.
- The Mixbook software is extremely easy to use and does not require for a user to have any previous knowledge in design.
- The company offers a variety of ways through which users can customize their photobooks, making them even more personal.
- It was one of the more costly services we used.
Amazon has always been the go-to option for most when they want to purchase anything; hence it wasn’t a surprise when we discovered that we can get photobooks too. Amazon prints allow for customers to customize their photobooks, giving them a variety of theme options to choose from. So, while you are ordering for other items on Amazon, you can go ahead and order your photobook. The quality of photobooks created by Amazon are exceptional, which is why we had to include it in the list of the best photobook printing services. It is important to note that when ordering from Amazon Prints, you get preferential treatment as far as the delivery time is concerned if you are an Amazon Prime member.
Finally, the company overs two different cover options, i.e., soft or hardcovers, and a variety of paper options, including matter, luster, glossy, and pearl.
- The price of the service is pretty affordable.
- Amazon is a brand that is familiar with many, which means you can trust them to deliver.
- The process of creating a photobook on the Amazon print is extremely straightforward.
- Even though they offer a variety of options, they are still limited in comparison to other brands that specialize in photobook printing services only.
Picaboo had to be included on the list because literally, anyone can use the service regardless of their background.
- The options available to customers are almost endless.
- The user interface of the service is extremely easy to use, and even beginners without a design background can effortlessly create beautiful photobooks.
- Just like Amazon, Picaboo only offers two cover options which mean customers are limited to having either a soft or hardcover for their photobook
- Some customers have complained of the quality of their photobooks, something that Picaboo has since tried to resolve by informing their clients regarding any low-resolution photos they may have.
Cewe is one photobook printing service that will blow your mind away and change your opinion about owning an album. This is because not only have they mastered the art of creating and personalizing photobooks but because they have simplified the creation process. At Cewe, you simply have to download the software, upload your images, choose the different elements of your photobook, and then leave everything else to them. Finally, the prices at Cewe are quite reasonable, with a huge landscape photobook going for 20 dollars. While this has nothing to do with their photobook creation process, it is nice to know that Cewe sources for its products sustainably.
- Cewe provides customers with options. You can select from a variety of cover types, paper types, and highlights.
- They are one of the few companies that does layflat binding, which means you can have the images on your photobook spread across a double page.
- Their customer support team is available to customer’s 24/7
- They have a 14-day return policy, which allows you to either get a replacement photobook or a refund.
- Their platform is very easy to use
- We couldn’t find any faults with Cewe.
When selecting the best photobook printing service, you can opt for it is important to consider several things before making your final decision. Some of those considerations include:
- The amount of control you would like over your design and the design process. This is important, especially if you are keen on the personalization of the photobook.
- The type of cover you are looking for.
- Do you require additional pages in your photobook?
Despite being completely different, most of the printing services mentioned in our article meet at least one or more of the things you need to consider. For each of the services, we considered the ease of use, the workflow and user interface, the functionality, versatility, and output quality for the different platforms. This article makes it easier for you to opt for the best service; however, it is vital that you conduct your own research to ensure that you are not disappointed when you do receive your photobook. As technological advancements continue to take over our lives, having your favourite memories with you in the form of photos is something that everyone can appreciate. Let us know what your best photobook printing service is and what about them stood out for you.