We have reviewed, tried, and tested several photo scanners and below are our top picks. These scanners were carefully selected. Key features considered are automatically programmed feeder trays, duplex scanning, versatility, and so on. Whether your office needs to scan a couple of photographs a month, or thousands in a day, we’ll assist you with picking the correct model for your necessities. The listed photograph scanners utilize the most recent inventive parts and technology to address your requirements so you can accomplish your best work
#1 Epson FastFoto FF-680W Photo Scanner
Taking over from its predecessor, the FastFoto FF-640, the FastFoto FF-680W is one of the best photo scanners with feeder. It is ideal for individuals looking to not only digitize their images but also archive them. This scanner is extremely versatile as it can also be used for scanning documents. Measuring 6.9 by 11.7 by 6.7 inches, the scanner features a top and bottom tray. The top tray feeds the ADF (automatic document feeder) while the bottom holds scanned documents. Its other notable features include USB and wireless connectivity, document scanning speeds of 45 ppm/ 90 ipm, and the FastFoto software intended to enhance photos. This scanner stands out from the crowd as it also has a double-feed detection skip which prompts the scanner to stop working in case two documents were fed into the machine. It also has a slow mode, which reduces scanning speeds if a paper jam has occurred.
- The optical character reader on this scanner offers reliable performance and is one of the best we have.
- This printer has an alternative use as a document scanner.
- Users can quickly scan their photos/ documents into searchable PDFs.
- In comparison to its predecessor, the FastFoto FF-680W is slightly slower at photo scanning,
- It is rather costly.
#2 Plustek Z300 Photo Scanner
If your business or office handles a lot of photographs, the Plustek Z300 photograph scanner is the ideal choice. The Plustek scanner, measuring 11.4 x 6.3 x 6.2 inches, features an ADF slot that can manage different photo sizes ranging from 3 x 5-inch snapshots to 8 x 10-inch portraits with up to 600 dots per inch (dpi). It also can manage regular A4 sized documents and letters. This scanner is perfect for scanning older photos as its ADF slot includes a soft roller bar that gently processes old pictures protecting them from further damage. Tackling large workloads on the Plustek Z300 is a breeze as it takes just 2 seconds to achieve the digitization. Additionally, the scanner also features editing software, which allows for further processing/ enhancement of photos.
- One can easily share their digitized photographs to cloud storage services, email, and even social media at the push of a button.
- The scanner is super-fast, efficient, and easy to use.
- It has excellent image enhancement functions available at the click of a mouse.
- The special soft roller prevents further damage to already damaged photographs.
- The scanning quality could do with some improvement. Several users have complained that they needed to repeatedly calibrate their scanner to ensure their scans were not distorted with multi-color lines.
- This scanner does not work for multi-page scans or documents.
#3 Fujitsu FI-7160 Scanner
The Fujitsu FI-7160 is a document scanner that does an excellent job of photo scanning. It was intended to make an end-to-end scanning processes reliable and quicker. The Fujitsu FI-7160 is one of the fastest photo scanners in the market as it can scan up to 120 images with resolutions of up to 600 dpi per minute (ipm). The scanner features double-feed detection functionality and intelligent sonic paper protection, which ensures sheets stuck together are not damaged. It brags an 80- sheet automatic document feeder capacity and can scan images up to 18.3 feet by 8.5 inches in length and width, respectively. If you run a photography business, this is an ideal investment as it can manage large workloads thanks to its 4000 sheets daily duty cycle.
- It intelligently batches scans to minimizes chances of image mishandling or incorrect filing.
- It is perfect for large art prints and banners.
- It can effortlessly manage large workloads.
- It can be used for multi-page scans.
- It is quite expensive.
- It is almost impossible to find tech support for the scanner if it gets damaged.
#4 Brother DS-640 Compact Mobile Document Scanner
Weighing slightly more than a pound and measuring less than 12″ long, the Brother DS-640 is a USB-powered scanner designed for individuals who are always on the move and thus requires a scanner that is easily portable. This scanner brags fast scanning speeds of up to 16 pages per minute for both colored and monochromatic documents. The DS-640 scanner also manages various documents up to 72 inches long. It also comes equipped with software that facilitates multi-page scanning. Additionally, users can share their documents on the different cloud services straight from the scanner, and it has a duty cycle of 100 maximum scans daily.
- It is lightweight and compact, making it easily portable as it occupies very little space.
- It offers convenience and flexibility
- Users receive a free lifetime and one-year limited technical support.
- It does not have duplex scanning capabilities.
- It is limited to a single sheet paper capacity.
#5 Fujitsu PA03656-B005 Image Scanner ScanSnap iX500
The Fujitsu PA03656-B005 Photo Scanner includes a recently evolved dual-core GI processing engine that can remotely work the scanner through your advanced mobile phone. This scanner instinctively guides users through the scanning process allowing you to access your photos and documents from literally anywhere. Measuring 15.50 x 10.90 x 9.80 inches and weighing 3 pounds, this scanner is compatible with Linux, Mac, and Windows devices. One favorite feature on this scanner is the added protection it offers users by automatically generating digital ID and passwords for files created, thus ensuring your files are always protected. Finally, it also offers paper handling and feeding abilities of high speed and volume devices.
- There is a PDF creating software included as part of the package. This software facilitates the editing of generated files.
- It can be used for large A3/ B4 sized documents.
- It has duplex scanning capabilities.
- It is expensive.
#6 Vupoint ST470 Magic Wand Portable Scanner
The Vupoint ST470 Magic Wand is the ideal versatile scanner. Measuring 16.4 “x 11″ x4.1″ and weighing pretty much 2.95 pounds, this device comes equipped with an AC adapter, an auto-feed docking station, OCR editing software, a protective travel carry-case, an 8GB micro-SD card, a USB cable, and a three-month manufacturer’s warranty. The ST470 offers two scanning alternatives of either using the wand to scan or manually feeding the scans (when the device is mounted on its docking station). It also has a 1.5” LED screen where users can view a thumbnail picture of their scans. Furthermore, its magnificence is that you can do an 8x zoom on the filtered picture to check its quality. Finally, the scanner offers 1200 dots per inch scanning and can work with documents that are up to 125-inches long.
- The device is compact and occupies very little space.
- It is easily portable.
- It does not require any software to install it onto one’s computer.
- It is quite affordable.
- The scanner requires quite a bit of practice to use since the scan quality is affected by the scanner’s hand-holding element.
- The scanner’s feeder is not automatic, and as such, individuals have to do it manually.
When you need to change your photos, negatives, or slides into digital format, each of the scanners discussed in this article rises to the occasion and promptly gets the job done. Photo scanners in the market are a dime a dozen. Therefore, you must understand what you are looking for. To identify the perfect photo scanner with a feeder, start by reviewing your needs, budget, and finally, the scanner’s capabilities.
The models discussed above range from inexpensive options for amateur photographers to the more expensive options aimed at professionals and serious photographers. One characteristic that they share, though, is the fact that they all do a great job in their respective categories. We hope that you find something here for your needs.