Welcome to our reviews of the best photo printer for Mac. Regardless of the Apple computer you own, be it a traditional Mac, a MacBook laptop or other, in this guide, you will learn find the best printer for your photos.
Not only have we listed these printers, but we have also identified the key features that stand out, and are suitable for your needs. Getting the best printer for your Mac requires a bit of informed decision making, and we hope we’ve done the leg work for you.
You have to consider the basic features of the printer, including wireless printing, printing speed, design construction, the printer brand and more. Also features such as wireless connectivity can be beneficial, if you find it hard to travel to your printer each time.
While the Canon Pixma Pro-100 is an outstanding unit on this list, the rest are also worthwhile suggestions – so have a look at them as well.
Let’s get started!
Canon Pixma Pro-100 Wireless Color Professional Inkjet Printer (Best Overall)
With the Canon Pixma Pro-100 wireless colour printer, you will find it convenient to print photos and more. The printer comes with eight dye-based inks, for outstanding colour and gradients. Three of the colours are dedicated grayscale inks, which will produce high quality black and white prints. Even more, this unit has an Optimum Image Generating System, that reproduces colours, as you intend them.
More so, the output tray has a capacity of 150 sheets, ten sheets photo paper and a manual feeder as well. The printer is also compatible with various cartridge designs and can support different colours on the colour spectrum. As one of the most powerful photo printers, this unit can produce 4800 x 2400 per inch with fine technology. This way, you enjoy incredible detail when printing your artwork.
- 4800 x 2400 dots per inch with excellent technology
- 8 Dye-based inks for amazing gradients and colour
- Compatible with Individual CLI 42 Ink Tanks
- Some people prefer a 250 sheet capacity tray
HP ENVY 5055 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer (Best Budget Option)
Are you searching for a solid performer when it comes to photo printing functions? Well, the HP Envy 5055 Wireless printer is an excellent example. The printer lets you step up and create projects conveniently at home. It can print, scan and copy borderless, high-quality photos each time. The printer is also available with a HP Smart App, that lets you set up the wireless functions conveniently. You can even scan documents with y our camera, and pint using social media or cloud platforms such as Google Drive
With this printer staying connecting and printing is always a breeze. Why? Well, whether you want to connect to your network or mobile device, the reliable Dual Band Wi-Fi makes the process convenient. Plus, the Bluetooth Smart function also offers a convenient secondary approach for connectivity. It also provides wide range paper support, including sizes such as legal, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7 in, 8 x 10 in, and No ten envelopes
- HP Smart App for convenient printing functions
- Come with dual-band Wi-Fi function
- Can print, scan and copy high quality photos
Epson Expression Photo XP-960 Wireless Color Photo Printer
Make your printing projects way much convenient when you have the Epson Expression Photo XP-960 Wireless Printer. This unit can produce professional-quality photos, that will make a good impression on your clients. It can create stunning borderless photos of up to 11” x 17” in size, and with sharp text to match. The printer will also provide exceptional six-colour Claria Photo HD inks, which are perfect for photographic printing purposes.
As one of the fastest printers on the market, this unit is quick and can print 4” x 6” photos in as little as 11 seconds. You will also appreciate the ultimate wireless functions on this printer, that makes printing a breeze. It is easy to print using your iPhone, Ipad and android mobile device.
More so, the printer also has an innovative fold over scan lid, which helps hold the originals in place.
- Can print professional 11” x 17” photos with sharp text
- Comes with a powerful wifi system
- Has an innovative fold over scan lid
- A fast printer produces 4” x 6” photos in 11 seconds
Epson Expression Premium ET-7700 EcoTank
Enjoy the best of photo printing functions with your Mac when you have the Epson Expression Premium ET-7700 EcoTank Printer. This unit features five colour inks, and all in one cartridge-free printing, with large tanks for your convenience. The printer has a large tank, which you can use to printer thousands of 4″ x 6″ photos with convenience. Even more, the printer features Epson exclusive auto-stop ink bottles, with each colour being keyed in to make it easy to perform the refilling process.
Plus, such a unique tank design means that you save well over 80 percent on ink, with low-cost replacement bottles. It’s a wireless printer which can perform various functions. These include printing, scanning, copying and photo printing as well.
- Can perform print, copy, scan and connect using ethernet
- Uses tanks rather than cartridges
- Can print incredible 4″ x 6″ photos
- Does not have Wi-Fi
HP Tango X Smart Wireless Printer
Aside from having an attractive name, the HP Tango X is one of the worlds most convenient printers. Why? Well, if your life revolves around your Macbook, then this printer is perfect for your needs. Regardless of whether you use it a coffee shop or a friend’s house, this unit offers value where it counts.
The HP brand is clearly a cut above the rest when it comes to making printing convenient. The printer is available with a convenient HP Smart App, that makes your printing projects simple.
It can perform voice-activated and hands-free printing from almost location. The printer can even print and scan from virtually anywhere, all thanks to the wi-fi functions. Whether it’s a shopping list or a crossword puzzle, you will find it easy to print handsfree each time. You can use leverage resources such as Alexa and Google Home to make this printer convenient to use.
- Voice-activated and hands-free printing functions
- Can print from any location with the HP Smart App
- Lets you leverage features such as Amazon Alexa and Google Home
- Produces borderless photos up to 5×7″ quality prints every time
HP Color Laser 179Fnw Wireless All in One Laser Printer
You are always right with an HP printer. This is why we recommend the HP Color Laser 179Fnw Wireless Printer as the perfect addition to your regimen. The printer can print, scan, copy and fax your documents conveniently. It can even produce high quality and sharp black text to make it convenient for your needs. The printer also lets you work efficiently while saving space and cutting clutter with its portable design
As one of the best photo printers on the market, this unit also has a heavy-duty design, with portable handles for convenience. It even starts up fast, and the system user interface is also simple to use. With the 179Fnw printer, you also stay productive with print speeds of well over 19 pages per minute for black and white. The colour printing speed averages at four pages per minute.
- Can print, scan, copy and fax high quality documents
- Print speeds of up to 19 pages per minute
- Heavy duty and portable printer design
- Produces some noise when feeding documents
Best Photo Printer for Mac Buying Guide
- All in one function – aside from printing, a good unit should also perform various other functions. It should be able to scan, copy and fax conveniently. Even more, it should produce high quality, sharp black text and crisp colour graphics.
- Printer speed – at this point, look at aspects such as the bootup time and printing per minute speeds. On average, anything above ten pages per minute in black and white, and four pages per minute colour makes sense.
- Wireless and mobile app functions – a good photo printer also makes things convenient with wifi or Bluetooth connectivity options. Also, check for the availability of a mobile app to make it easy to use the printer.
- Productivity options – consider going for a printer that can perform double-sided scanning, has a reasonable document feeder and ethernet capabilities.
Being able to print quality photos conveniently can be a great experience, especially for professionals or DIY photography professionals. In this guide, we have identified the best photo printer for mac brands that you should consider. Getting equipped with one of these units means that you will enjoy convenient printing results each time. Plus, they have high-resolution printing functions and various other additional functions to make printing a breeze. Thus, get one of these printers and instantly take your printing capabilities to the next level.