Photo booths are quite popular at weddings and during corporate events. They provide guests with opportunities to not only pose in front of the camera but also have their pictures taken. They also print quality photos quickly while acting as a source of unending entertainment. However, the booths would have no use without a printer. Fortunately, the market is saturated with multiple options. With such a wide array of options available, it can be difficult to choose the best printer. Nevertheless, this review of the best photo booth printer should help put your mind at ease.
Canon SELPHY CP1300
If you are short of funds for whatever reason – even if it’s because of the effects of COVID-19 – then you should go for the Canon SELPHY CP1300. This budget-friendly machine presents a ton of perks to users. For example, it is ideal for small photo booths. Apart from its lowest price point, the machine also stands out for the incredible portability it offers. Its AirPrint capability, which is quite rare in the field of dye-sublimation printers, makes it hugely crucial too. Apart from all that, you would not be wrong in opting for this machine if you are not under pressure to print photos in bulk. To crown it all, it runs on an optional battery pack.
- Weighing only 1.9 pounds, there is no doubt that the printer is highly portable.
- Perfect for small intimate social events.
- One of the lowest price points.
- Features the rare AirPrint capability.
- Prints instantly dry photos of the highest quality.
- Compatible with Smartphones and tablets courtesy of Canon PRINT app(3).
- Has a great portable design that makes it worth carrying to any event.
- Its LCD screen makes choosing, editing, and printing your favorite pictures a breeze.
- Quite slugging thus likely to require high wait times.
- Requires multiple paper refills.
DNP Event Photo Printer
This dye-sublimation printer comes with a driver instruction guide, a quick setup guide, a power cord, and a printhead cushion. When set at high mode, it delivers a resolution of 300 x 300 dpi. At high-resolution mode, it guarantees you up to 300 x 600 dpi. Furthermore, it boasts of an improved print speed of up to 20 percent, which ensures that you can print up to 290 pictures measuring 4×6 inches. With its combination of high-end capabilities, low media prices, and inexpensive hardware, you are guaranteed to save money with this monster of a machine. Additionally, the quality of the instant and economical prints stand out.
- It is a dye-sublimation printer.
- Its outputs last more by virtue of being water-resistant, scratch-resistant, and fade-resistant.
- Capable of printing 290 4×6 inch photos in an hour.
- Perfect for large and busy photo booths.
- Heavy-duty machine weighs quite a bunch hence it might not be as portable as you want.
- Delivers two modes of printing: high resolution at 300x600dpi, and faster speed at 300x300dpi.
- Capable of printing in different sizes: 6×8, 4×6, and 2×6.
- Its sturdiness eliminates the need for high maintenance costs.
- Does not work as a standalone machine.
- Not compatible with mobile printing.
- Lacks AirPrint capability.
- Can be quite noisy too.
Epson PictureMate PM-400 Wireless Printer
We have so many individuals who love Epson products. If that’s you, then this would be a perfect photo booth printer for your needs. First, it works purely with Epson cartridges. Two, it guarantees beautiful borderline photos. Additionally, it prints topnotch 4×6 inch and 5×7 inch photos. The machine takes not more than 38 seconds to produce each photo. On top of all that, you would not have to break your arm and leg to afford the cost of such a machine. This wireless printer also ensures that you get lasting photos that are resistant to water, fade, smudge, and scratch.
- It is a wireless printer thus eliminating the need for too many cables and cords.
- Prints images that are resistant to smudge, scratch, fading, and water.
- Prints each photo in 38 seconds.
- Compatible with smartphones and tablets.
- Superlight machine that weighs only 4 pounds.
- With dimensions of 6.5 x 16.4 x 10.9, it is truly a compact machine.
- Has a maximum print resolution of 5860 x 1440 dpi.
- Boasts of a built-in feature that corrects flawed photos automatically.
- Operates only on Epson cartridges, which might be difficult occasionally.
- Lacks portable/rechargeable battery option.
- Buttons feel cheap.
- Unable to view in on photos.
Brother VC-500W Versatile Compact Printer
It is impossible to think of any kind of printing that does not involve ink. However, that is what you get with Brother VC-500W Versatile Compact printer. It is a wonderful and unique option for the photo booth. Its reliability on ZINK Zero Ink Technology delivers rich and fully vivid photos that you expect from your photo booth. Furthermore, its versatility is unmatched. In this regard, one can use it to easily print photos, stickers, and labels. Additionally, the wireless technology involved here means you would have an easier time connecting and using the printer.
- Easy to use after connecting to Wi-Fi or any wireless connection.
- Its Free Color Label Editor gives you the freedom to creatively add extra features such as fonts, backgrounds, frames, and arts to your photos.
- Highly versatile and capable of printing labels, photos, and stickers.
- Prints top quality photos without ink because of its ZINK Zero Technology.
- An affordable printer with excellent resolution.
- Small and portable.
- Cartridge is easy to load too.
- Multiple connectivity features that include a USB port, Wi-Fi Direct, and Wi-Fi.
- AirPrint enabled thus making it ideal for Apple users.
- Could be problematic to set up.
- Cartridge needs frequent refilling or replacing after 25-30 prints.
Fujifilm INSTAX SHARE SP-2
With 800×600 dots in print pixels, you can trust this machine to display detailed gradations and facial expressions. Your characters and objects would also appear crisp with this marvel of a photo booth printer. Furthermore, you would only need a few minutes to develop high-resolution photos because of its incredible output of 10 seconds. Rather than using ink and paper , this monster relies on INSTAX mini self-developing films. Although costly, you can be sure of avoiding the wastes most commonly associated with this line of work.
- Eliminates the need for ink and paper through its INSTAX mini self-developing films.
- Fitted with removable battery.
- Rechargeable through its USB charging port.
- Has LED indicators that tell how much power remains in the battery.
- Has multiple built-in features for editing photos.
- Dimensions make it travel-friendly.
- Its stylish look gives it a cool appearance.
- You can only print after installing the Instax SHARE app.
- You can only use it with the Wi-Fi Direct on at all times, which can be quite inconvenient f you need to print from social media.
Kodak Dock 4×6 Printer
Kodak has created one of the most amazing mini printers for photo booths. For such a tiny device, it is amazing how this printer delivers incredible output every time, and without fail. Through its dye-sublimation technology, you are also guaranteed a device that delivers long-lasting prints. Consequently, you can rest safe with the knowledge that your photos would last at least the next 10 years. On its compact size, it should please you to note that the printer is quite portable too. Apart from that, it is worth remembering that it only functions on AC power.
- Charges two of your devices simultaneously.
- You need the Kodak Photo Printer App to use this printer.
- Boasts of wide-ranging editing features.
- Produces professional-grade prints.
- Compact size makes it extremely portable.
- Relies on dry-sublimation technology.
- Cartridges are notorious for running out fast.
- The cost per print is quite high.
- Has only one output format.
- Incapable of printing from iCloud.
Hence, feel free to place your order for any of these photo booth printers. Before doing so, you should consider your objectives to understand why you really need the printer. After all, each printer is unique and serves specific purposes. Next, consider the quality of the picture each printer delivers. Do not ignore the speed at which it prints and the sizes of photos that it can print. A printer that produces photos of several sizes is a good option. Furthermore, do you need standalone printers? You would need to choose wisely since some printers lack the capability to operate as standalone printers.