Pencils are prone to breakage. One of the most important supplies that should never be missing on an artist’s table is a sharpener. An appropriate superior quality sharpener should be able to seamlessly shave down the wood to reveal a sharp lead.
There are several brands available in the market today and it shouldn’t be a problem buying a couple of them for your studio. However, getting the right brand that can serve you can be a rigorous spree.
Here we’ve put together a comprehensive list of the best quality brands available in the market today to make your shopping easier.
PowerMe Electric Pencil Sharpener
This battery-powered pencil sharpener is the quickest and most powerful sharpener you can ever have. It does not only deliver results, but it also comes with safety features. We can conclude that this is also the safest sharpener to have around your workspace. The bottom line is, regardless of what you need a sharpener for, you will never go wrong with this one.
The AA batteries in this sharpener can turn any dull blunt pencil useful. This sharpener is designed to work on as many pencils as possible without ever jamming. Besides that, you will be able to know when the shrapnel is filling the reservoir and needs to be emptied.
This sharpener is designed to be compact and durable therefore it will serve you long enough until you decide that you just need to change or try out something new. It is also lightweight. Putting it to use is no rocket science. It is fast and it is very safe to be used by children without causing them any harm. If you purchase this power sharpener and you are not satisfied, it has a 100% moneyback guarantee.
- Superior quality materials.
- Beautiful designs.
- Ideal for commercial purposes.
- Highly durable and does not wear out.
- High-grade stainless-steel blade.
- It is compact and lightweight.
- Very portable.
- Safe to be used by kids.
- Has auto-stop safety features.
- Large transparent shaving reservoir.
- It is easy to clean out shrapnel.
- Designed for perfection and precision.
- Has an auto jam release system.
- Money-back guarantee.
- The money-back-guarantee only lasts for 6 months.
- It jams with certain brands of pencils.
Staedtler Pencil Sharpener
This compact and simple pencil sharpener is an outright steal considering the outstanding reviews from artists and other pencil users. It is of premium quality and comes in very attractive, assorted colors. Its compact size makes it easy to carry around. It barely occupies any noticeable space.
All you need to do with this manual sharpener to get your pencil sharpened is to insert and twist. Voila, you sharp-tipped lead pencil is ready for use. The safety features on this sharpener make it safe and reassuring. You will not encounter accidental openings when it comes to this sharpener therefore this brand is safe around the kids.
When you make your order for this sharpener, be assured there will be an extra surprise waiting for you in the box. This sharpener is ideal for your pencil case and workstation. This means that it is portable and easily fits on ultra-minimal spaces considering its design and size.
- Assorted colors.
- Loud portable Bluetooth performance speaker.
- Premium quality.
- Secure screw-on lid.
- No accidental opening.
- Blister card of 1 sharpener.
- A fun surprise to every order.
- Compact and portable.
- Buying only 1 sharpener can be expensive.
- The lead can be fragile.
X-Acto School Pro Classroom Electric Pencil Sharpener
This heavy-duty pencil sharpener is an expensive option you can find in the market. It comes with a wealth of excellent features. It is perfect and precise. You will get out of your blunt pencil the sharpest tip you can ever ask for. You may find the outlook design to be very interesting and promising.
This electric sharpener is surprisingly quiet despite its electric motor. It is designed to automatically stop once the tip of your pencil has reached its sharpest point. Its helical steel cutter will give your pencil a slightly rounded point. This adjustable machine can fit and sharpen six pencils at one go.
Pro Classroom Electric Pencil Sharpener is highly durable compared to other sharpening blades. It can serve you until you desire something new or different. Its sturdy design makes it appropriate for heavy-duty use. The shaving bin is large enough and you will not be required to clean it out regularly. What is worth noting with this pencil is that there is no electric draw when the sharpener is not in use.
- It is heavy-duty.
- Durable construction.
- Resistant to wear and tear.
- Quiet electric motor.
- No electrical draw while not in use.
- Flyaway cutter system that stops automatically.
- Helical steel cutter.
- Sturdy construction.
- Large shaving bin.
- Pencil tip may not be sharp enough and might not be suitable for some projects.
- Does not have assorted colors to choose from.
Alvin 9866 Brass Bullet Sharpener
This is one of the best manual pencil sharpeners you can ever come across. This solid brass selection is very portable and easy to fit in any minimal space. It is bullet-shaped and is highly durable. It totally resists wear and tear.
The performance of this pencil is on another level and it can do magic. It barely wastes any lead and it knows to cease when the pencil is sharp enough. It is not limited to pencils as it can also work with other mediums like charcoal, graphite, and colored pencils. Considering its exotic performance, it is easy to buy in large quantities. The price tag on this simple Brass Bullet Sharpener is simply a throwaway.
Perhaps you will love the fact that its stainless-steel blade can be easily replaced. It is completely reliable, and it fits well in your hand. This German product will give you the precision of sharpness you need in a pencil.
- German quality bullet-shaped design.
- Gives precision sharpness.
- Solid brass construction.
- Ergonomic designs with knurl finger grips.
- Replaceable stainless-steel blade.
- Standard sized.
- Ideal for professionals.
- Performs extremely well.
- It works on other mediums like charcoal and graphite.
- Conveniently replaceable blades.
- Highly durable.
- It does not have a shaving bin.
- Sharpens one pencil at a time.
Prismacolor Scholar Pencil Sharpener
This reliable sharpener comes with an extra latex-free eraser bundle. Besides that, there are a whole lot of features to simply love about this sharpener. To start with, it is a product of Prismacolor and whatever Prismacolor produces, it is sheer magic.
The pencil has an automatic indicator that alerts you when the shaving bin is full and needs to be emptied. The translucent green body will do the alerting. Its sharpened steel blade is razor-sharp and it peels away the pencil coating with the finest and smoothest precision.
This simple straightforward sharpener is very easy to use. If in case you are having any difficulties putting it to use, there is a tutorial on the Prismacolor website that will take you through the step by step ways on how to use the pencil. It is easy to clean out the shrapnel after shaving your pencil.
- It comes with a latex-free eraser.
- The triangular design makes it easy to work with.
- It has a sharpened steel blade.
- It is portable and easy to clean.
- It has a shaving bin.
- The translucent green body alerts you when the bin is full.
- Free website tutorials on how to use the sharpener.
- The lid comes off easily.
- The shaving bin is not big enough.
Things to consider when buying a sharpener
Here are some of the factors you should consider while you are out shopping for the right sharpener.
- The pencil and the medium. What most people don’t know is that a pencil sharpener is greatly determined by the kinds of pencils you are using for your artwork. The medium you are working on also has a fair say on this matter.
- Project requirements. There are projects that will require you to use very sharp-pointed pencils for fine outlines. On the other hand, some will require you to use a thicker point.
- Type of sharpener. There is the electric powered sharpener and there is the manual sharpener which is handheld. For a narrow long tipped pencil, you will have to use the electric sharpener which automatically stops sharpening once it has done that job. With the handheld sharpener, you will be the one to entirely determine how sharp your pencil should be.