If you’re a professional photoshop user, you know how difficult it is to put out a perfectly edited picture. Your clients would always want the best output possible. But to do that, your devices are equally important as your skill.
Most of the time people would leave out a monitor on the list of things not to upgrade. That would be a grave mistake as sub-par monitors wouldn’t be able to properly render the detail, color, and contrast in your photos. That’s why upgrading to a good monitor is the intelligent choice.
There are a few things to focus on while buying a monitor. The resolution, aspect ratio, image quality, size of the screen, and most importantly the color accuracy are the things you need to look out for.
In today’s article, we’ll be cutting the work short for you. We’ll be discussing the best monitors for photoshop. From affordable monitors to High-performance monitors, we’ll be discussing everything. Let’s get started!
Off the bat, we’ve got the best budget monitor for you. This monitor is more than capable of running photoshop. Besides that, it’s also the best selling monitor on Amazon. I’m talking about the HP VH240a.
The ergonomics of the HP VH240a is nearly perfect. The black matte finish looks astonishing. Aside from the color, the 23.8-inch Full HD monitor has a max resolution of 1920×1080 and a 16:9 aspect ratio. The display is pretty smooth too, with a 60Hz refresh rate you’ll never feel any kind of stuttering.
The HP VH240a has a relatively lower performance than high-end monitors. But it’s more than enough to run photoshop perfectly. The 72% sRGB color gamut ensures that you are well set for using photoshop. However, the pixel and color option on this monitor is off the charts. You’ll be getting a staggering 2 million pixels and 16.7 million color options with the HP VH240a.
The HP240a has a few small things that make it even more valuable. You see, the HP VH240a is an energy star certified monitor. This means that the monitor uses the least amount of power while running. The blue light filter option is great for those who are working continuously.
The HP VH240a is a great monitor within an affordable price range. So unless you want something more niche, we recommend you go for this monitor.
- Aesthetic black matte finishing.
- Best selling monitor on Amazon.
- Full HD screen with 1920×1080 max resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio, and 60Hz refresh rate.
- Super high 2 million pixel count.
- Impressive 16.7 million color option.
- Decent 72% sRGB color gamut accuracy
- Energy-star certified monitor.
- The blue light filter is a lifesaver for workaholics.
- limited warranty of one year.
- It can blur slightly in fast-paced videos.
Dell UltraSharp U2518D
If you thought that the HP VH240a was pricey then we’ve got an even cheaper one for you. The Dell UltraSharp U2518D is perhaps the least priced monitor that can run photoshop well. We were surprised at how good this monitor was for its price. Let’s see what it offers as a whole.
The Dell Ultrasharp U2518D has a frosted silver finish on the stands and glossy black finishing on the back and bezels. The 25-inch QHD monitor has a 2560×1440 resolution and 16:9 standard aspect ratio. The 5ms response time with a 60Hz refresh rate is perfect for a smooth rendering experience.
The Dell UltraSharp U2518D does an awesome job in the performance section. It has a near-perfect 99% sRGB color coverage. The Dell U2518D also has a 117,5 PPI pixel density and
350 cd/m2 brightness which should be enough for most intense photo edit sessions. Though 10-bit color depth would’ve been better, the 17 million 8-bit color option is alright too.
The interesting things about the monitor are its anti-glare and anti-reflection technology. You’ll be able to work flawlessly even in the sunniest days.
Overall, the Dell UltraSharp U2518D is a good monitor at a cheap price. But the 8-bit color option sets us back for not making it the best budget option. However, if you’re on a tight budget then this monitor would be a good choice for running photoshop.
- Awesome value-for-money monitor.
- Good design with frosted silver stand and glossy black bezels.
- The 5ms response time with a 60Hz refresh rate provides smooth visuals.
- Near perfect score of 99% on sRGB color coverage.
- Pretty neat 350 cd/m2 brightness.
- Both anti-glare and anti-reflection coatings are useful additions.
- The 8-bit color option is a bit outdated.
Starting with the BenQ PD3200U, we’ll be entering into the mid-high to high-performance monitors. These few monitors are the top tier monitors for photoshop.
The BenQ PD3200U is a sleek looking 4K 32-inch matte black monitor. It has an aspect ratio of 16:9. The BenQ PD3200U also comes with an updated firmware if you buy it from Amazon. This firmware update takes care of the previous flickering issues.
The color accuracy of the BenQ PD3200U is perfect. With 100% sRGB and REC.709 color gamut, you’ll get perfect color output in photoshop every time. This monitor further enhances its performance with the help of AQcolor technology. This technology makes sure that display visuals are bright, bold, and accurate.
This would be perfect for you if you’re a workaholic. The BenQ PD3200U has a built-in Eye care technology that prevents the screen from flickering and filters blue light. The automatic brightness adjustment feature is another feature that prevents your eyes from straining.
The BenQ PD3200U is a well-rounded monitor that’s suitable for pretty much everything including Photoshop. It’s the best monitor for photoshop if you’re looking for something in the mid-high range.
- Matte black color looks gorgeous.
- An all-purpose monitor with great usability.
- This 32-inch 4K monitor provides life-like visuals.
- Perfect color accuracy with 100% sRGB and REC.709 color gamut.
- Eye care technology to prevent the eyes from fatigue and irritation.
- The AQcolor technology makes sure that display visuals are bright, bold and accurate
- Limited advanced color option.
ASUS Designo Curve MX38VC
If you’ve got a thing for Big ultrawide monitors then there isn’t a better option than the Asus Designo Curve MX38VC. This beautiful monitor by Asus is one of their most premium ones.
The Asus MX38VC is a 37.5” ultra-wide Quad HD Curved monitor. It has a max resolution of 3840 x 1600 with a huge 21:9 aspect ratio. The super-wide 178° viewing angle ensures that you can view each pixel perfectly from any angle. It also has a super-fast minimum response time of 5ms.
The display performs as well as it looks (psst the performance is perfect!). The Asus MX38VC has a perfect color accuracy score of 100% on sRGB. The screen operates on 10-bit per channel of color and boasts 1.07 billion color options. This combined with the 300cd/m2 brightness gives users the pleasure of witnessing stunning visuals.
The Asus MX38VC also has a few other extra features. It has a TUV Rheinland-certified flicker-free backlighting. The monitor also has an eye-protective option that filters blue light and adjusts brightness to suit the viewer’s pleasure.
The Asus Designo Curve MX38VC is truly a stunning monitor. This would be the perfect ultrawide monitor for ultrawide enthusiasts. Though the price is on the higher side, the visuals on this monitor are one of the best too.
- Stunning 37.5” ultra-wide Quad HD Curved monitor provides realistic visuals.
- The 178° viewing angle ensures that you can view each pixel perfectly from any angle.
- Perfect color accuracy score of 100% on sRGB.
- Has a staggering 1.07 billion color options.
- Very bright 300cd/m2 screen.
- Eye protective measures are one of the best.
- Average Adobe sRGB score of 72%.
For this last one, we wanted to pick the monitor that would be the best from every aspect. After carefully researching only one monitor stood up above the rest. It’s the BenQ SW271. A small thing before we start. As the BenQ SW271 has a few variations, we’ll be discussing the UHD version as we believe it’s the best one.
The 27-inch black monitor has a standard 3840×2160 resolution and 16:9 aspect ratio. The picture output is pretty fast too. With 60Hz refresh rate and 5ms response time, you won’t see any delay in picture appearance.
The performance of this monitor is hands down the best for photoshop. It has a score of 99% on Adobe RGB, 100% on sRGB, and 100% rec.709 and DCI-P3 color spaces. This kind of perfect color accuracy score is pretty exceptional. The BenQ SW271 also has the AQCOLOR Technology which ensures the visuals are bright, bold and accurate
This monitor is perfectly suited for using photoshop. It comes with a detachable shading hood. The hood reduces screen glare from ambient lighting. The BenQ SW271 also has a 14-bit 3D Look Up Table that improves RGB color blending accuracy for photoshop users.
Overall, this monitor is truly the best for photoshop users. It’s a guarantee that you won’t find a better monitor than this for using photoshop. Yes, the price is a bit much but the utilities you’ll be getting with the price are worth the cost.
- Enticing 4K monitor with attractive design.
- The 60Hz refresh rate and 5ms response time ensure that the visuals are super smooth.
- Exceptional color accuracy score of 99% on Adobe RGB, 100% on sRGB, and 100% rec.709 and DCI-P3 color spaces.
- AQCOLOR Technology enhances brightness, boldness, and accuracy of the pictures.
- The 14-bit 3D Look Up Table greatly increases RGB color blending accuracy.
- The detachable shading hood reduces screen glare
- Very Expensive.
- The 27-inch screen size is a bit small for such a high priced monitor.
These are the best monitors for photoshop users. All of them are more than capable of outputting clear and quality images from photoshop. But which ones the best? That depends on you.
If you’re on a budget then there isn’t a better option then the HP VH240a. If you’re willing to spend then either of the BenQ monitors would be perfect for you.
Whichever one you pick, you won’t regret you. So choose the monitor that matches your niches!