A couple of years back, printers that were compatible with MAC were few and far between. This has since changed over the years as more and more manufacturers sought to satisfy customers’ needs by creating printers that were compatible with both Windows and Apple computers.
Manufacturers today will either provide a disc with Mac drivers, or they will make a provision for the drivers to be downloaded and installed during the setup process. There are numerous printers today that are compatible with MAC, but in this particular article, we shall cover laser printers, which are ideal for MAC users who often ten to be individuals who either work in publishing or with high graphics.
This means that for these individuals, laser printers come in handy as they deliver top-tier prints in larger volumes. Laser printers are some of the best printers as they boast lots of advantages when compared to the regular inkjet printers. But how does one make the decision on which printer best suits their needs?
The likelihood that you are reading this article because you are on the quest to find the best laser printer for MAC means that you require a laser printer to complement your MAC device. The market today is saturated with tons of options when it comes to laser printers. This is why we conducted a thorough research on which laser printers that are compatible with Mac devices are available in the market based on their features and curated a list to aid with your decision-making process.
Canon Color imageCLASS MF741Cdw Laser Printer
Despite the Color imageCLASS MF741Cdw being on the higher end of the price spectrum, this is one of the best laser printers that you can opt for as a Mac user. The printer is an all in one printer, which means it can be used for functionalities such as scanning, printing, and copying. This printer is fitted with high capacity toners, which ensures users’ costs are reduced by a noticeable margin.
The MF741Cdw ensures efficient workflow as it has single-pass scanning abilities, high printing speeds of 28 pages per minute, and a print volume of between 750 and 4000 pages each month. Additionally, the printer has wireless capabilities, which means users will be able to perform tasks from their mobile devices. We recommend this printer as it can effortlessly keep up with the printing needs of most MAC users.
- The printer has a short-term memory, which mitigates the risk of users losing their documents entirely.
- Users have the choice of subscribing to the Amazon dash replenishment program, which means they never have to worry about ink running out again.
- Mobile solutions that can be used for scanning and printing are supported by the printer.
- The printer occupies a large footprint, which means users have first to consider how it will fit into their space before purchasing it.
- According to several users online, the device is incapable of automatically scanning or printing on two sides.
HP Color LaserJet Pro M255dw Printer
The Color LaserJet Pro M255dw is a wireless printer that is compatible with MAC devices and is ideal for home/ small office use. It brags a modern but simple design that includes a 2.7-inch LCD touchscreen to aid with maneuverability. It consists of features such as voice activated printing, auto-duplexing, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi direct, and USB ports.
Even though its printing speeds are not as fast as the regular speeds found on larger devices, the M255dw manages a decent speed of 22 pages per minute for both colored and monochromatic prints. this printer is extremely versatile and can easily be tucked away in the corner of one’s office
- It has an auto on and off functionality that facilitates in energy-saving efforts.
- It is capable of managing different types of media as well as various oddly shaped materials.
- It occupies a small footprint and Is not bulky.
- Users can print their work remotely
- Several customers have complained that they received a broken printer straight off the bat. While this may not be a fault on the manufacturers, but rather different aspects of the supply chain, we recommend that you purchase from a verified seller.
- The printer only works with original HP toners.
HP LaserJet Pro M15w
Classified as the world’s smallest laser printer, the LaserJet Pro M15w is a printer that is compatible with MAC, and will deliver top-notch quality prints without breaking a user’s bank. It features an LED control panel, pre-installed cartridges, auto off/on technology, mobile, and wireless printing.
Even though it has slower printing speeds in comparison to other printers discussed in this article, this model manages a decent 19 pages per minute. Finally, it has a page yield of close to 1000 pages. To aid users in managing their works more easily, this smart printer measures toner levels and instantaneously places smart reorders as soon as a user is running low without any subscription fees.
- It can be used with different media types, including labels, card stock, paper, and even envelops.
- Users receive free ink for 8 months upon purchase of the printer.
- It has several connectivity options.
- Has a small footprint that makes it fit almost anywhere.
- It lacks an internal scanner; however, users can opt to scan from their mobile devices.
- The printer’s overall running costs are pretty high.
- It does not have ethernet connectivity.
- It does not have auto duplexing abilities.
Brother HL-L2350DW Compact Monochrome Laser Printer
This all in one printer is ideal for individuals who either work from small offices or home. It’s among the most efficient and reliable printers available in the market. This printer effortlessly achieves printing speeds of up to 32 pages per minute, which is no easy fete.
Boasting features and functionality that enable it to produce detailed monochrome prints, MAC owners will be pleasantly surprised by this printer model. Some of its specifications include; wireless and wired connectivity, duplex printing, input/output tray for paper handling, USB ports, LCD screen, amongst others.
Additionally, this printer has a relatively small footprint, and its paper handling capabilities comprise a 250-page input tray, which is divided by a single sheet override slot. Finally, the HL-2350dw by brother has a monthly duty cycle of roughly15,000 pages when it is pushed to its limits. However, it is important to note that its recommended print volume is about2,000 pages.
- Users can print remotely from mobile devices that are compatible with the printer.
- It is reasonably priced, which means that a user’s initial investment will not break the bank.
- It has one of the fastest printing speeds we have come across, making it ideal for bulk printing.
- It does not print colored prints.
- The printer cannot be used with any external drives.
- It lacks an ethernet port
HP Office Jet Pro 8035
Now, if you are on the hunt for a multifunctional printer, then look no further than the OfficeJet Pro 8035 by HP. This printer stands out from the crowd for several reasons key among them being that is its voice activated, and it comes with a redeemable code which entitles users to free ink. This printer model boasts exceptional paper handling abilities as it has an output tray that can hold up to 60 sheets of paper while its input tray manages 225 sheets.
This machine pleasantly surprised us with its set of features, which included; an automatic document feeder, a resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi, printing speeds of 25 and 29 pages per minute for colored and monochrome prints, respectively and borderless printing. The most delightful thing about this machine, in our opinion, was the fact that the printing speeds were not in any way compromised by its printing resolution.
- Users receive 8 months of ink upon purchase of this printer.
- It is capable of creating borderless prints.
- Has a strong network connectivity as users can connect to it either through their ethernet or wi-fi.
- The printer comes with an inbuilt firewall.
- Even though users receive free ink, the supply is somewhat limited as it is based on printing only 100 pages per month. For users who print a higher number of pages, the ink will not last them for long.
- The device’s automatic document feeder is incapable of auto duplexing.
- It does not have a second tray for pictures.
Selecting a laser printer for MAC can be a daunting task for the mere fact that laser printers are not cost-effective. It is, therefore, important that a user bears this in mind, given that the initial cost of the printer often tens to mislead a lot of individuals. Before settling on the printer of your choice, conduct a thorough review of the different product offerings available in the market.
This review should be guided by your needs as they largely influence what model of laser printer you require. For our reader’s convenience, we have collated a list of the best laser printers for MAC, and now it is entirely up to you to make the final decision.