Heat guns are designed to expel bubbles from a resin, and if you’ve been an artist or crafter for a while, you may have grown to hate bubbles in your epoxy resin.
You will come across several heat guns for epoxy but not all of them will deliver as they advertise. Some of them will disappoint you outright. We have come up with a comprehensive list of the best that you can find to achieve your resin art goals.
#1 – SEEKONE Heat Gun 1800W
This is a heavy-duty hot air gun kit with variable temperature control. This gun is super-powered, and it provides power quickly. It also heats up to 1202 degrees Celsius in a matter of seconds. This heat gun is constructed contrary to other dual temperature heat guns. This gun features two dials. One is for rheostat type heating and a handle switch for airflow control.
This heat gun also features an overload protector to avoid damaging your heat gun and circuit. It has a scientific ergonomic design handle to prevent repetitive strain injuries and other bodily harm. It can also be used for wide applications such as heating PVC, electronics, cell phone repairs, vinyl wrap, amongst other applications.
The deflector nozzle directs a long narrow heat pattern to the work surface. There are also two concentrator nozzles to provide a direct concentrated heat flow and the reflector nozzle to disperse heat flow evenly around the whole work surface. The heat gun comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee alongside a lifetime free warranty.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Lifetime free warranty.
- Four nozzle accessories for even heat flow on the work surface.
- Features a scientific ergonomic design.
- It has wide applications and you can be used for just about anything that needs it’s kind of heat.
- It features two variable temperature controls.
- It has overload protection.
- Provides strong power with two modes.
- It does not heat up PVC enough to shape a bow.
- The body plastic can melt away so easily.
#2 – Wagner Spraytech 0503008 HT1000 Heat Gun
This is yet another dual temperature heat gun. This heat gun offers 750ᵒF and 1000ᵒF temperature settings. This will largely help in completing household home improvement tasks. You can use this gun for household projects such as softening paints, caulking. You can also use it as an adhesive or putty removal.
Other applications at home include shrink wrap, bend plastic pipe. You can also use it to loosen bend rusted bolts and bolts from a joint in any household furniture. This gun features adjustable settings. There are two fan speeds for additional control to customize your projects to your optimal standard.
This handgun also features an integrated stand for safe hands-free operation to help prevent the hot nozzle from touching the work surface. The heat gun is also highly durable. It can last you a while longer until you desire to get a new brand. The nozzle is corrosion resistant. It also has a hanging hook for easy storage perhaps by hanging it on your workshop wall.
- It is highly durable and corrosion-free.
- It has a hanging hook for easy storage.
- Designed for hands-free operations.
- The hot nozzle does not come in direct contact with the work surface.
- Features adjustable settings.
- Provides additional control to customize projects.
- Can be used for several household projects.
- It is a dual temperature heat gun.
- It is not as durable as it claims.
- It gets faulty after a few uses.
#3 – Mofa Heat Gun Mini Hot Air
This pen-like mini heat gun features a temperature control setting. It is designed to automatically cut off the power when the temperature is too high. You can continue to go about whatever you are doing with the gun and let the temperature fall to optimum on its own. This heat gun is used for the electric heating nozzle and you will definitely love every experience with it.
This heat gun is designed for general purposes. This heat pen can be used for crafting. Its construction is a built-in stand for self-support and tabletop use. This heat pen size is smaller than the standard heat gun, but it is just as functional. As a matter of fact, this heat pen works finer compared to most standard heat guns.
At the tail, there are heat vents on both sides to reduce internal temperature. The vents also make the heat gun more durable and functional. This heat gun is excellent for shrink tubing, embossing, drying paint, paper, fabric, and even craft foams. This multi-purpose electric heating nozzle comes in a variety of colors to choose from. If your workshop has a particular color signature, then you get to pick the right one.
- Features temperature control settings.
- It automatically cuts off power when it becomes too hot.
- Has self-support and is excellent for a tabletop.
- Has the same function as the bigger heat guns but works even finer.
- Heat vents for temperature control.
- It is multi-purpose.
- It is durable.
- Comes in various colors.
- Smaller in size.
- Some can unceremoniously stop working.
#4 – Homidic Long Heat Gun
This heat gun comes with a 6.56ft long cable for crafting. That is not even enough. This heat gun is constructed from high-quality stainless steel from the inside and ABS from the outside. This only spells one powerful feature – durability. This heat gun will serve you for a while and besides that, you will simply love the simple design.
This heat gun is suitable for a wide range of purposes. You can use it for heating shrinkable film, embossed powder, and even for rubber stamps. It features a built-in stand for self-support and for tabletop use. You will not, therefore, be forced to support or hang around the gun when you pause amidst the task for one purpose or the other.
Its voltage goes up to 110V and the nozzle temperature could go as high as 200° in a matter of seconds. The heat gun also features some vents in the tail. They help to increase the internal temperature of the heat gun. The vents also help to extend the lifespan of the heat gun. This means that you will get to use this one for a while.
- It is a good accessory for DIYs.
- Hardens and brightens polymer clay.
- It features heat vents on the detail to decrease internal temperature.
- It is highly durable,
- It is multipurpose.
- It features a built-in stand for self-support.
- It has a very long cable over 6ft.
- Made with high-quality stainless steel.
- Features a very simple and easy-to-use design.
- Needs switching on and off to avoid overheating.
- Can blow up when overheated.
#5 – BLACK + DECKER Heat Gun
The best feature of this heat gun is its dual temperature settings. The settings are 750degrees and 1000 degrees for a variety of applications. This means that you get to choose the degree of heat temperature you need for your DIYs and projects. This gun also features a built-in stand for easy cooldown. This stand will also enable the heat gun to self-support.
Its silhouette is lightweight and very compact. It is also sturdy for ease of use and handling. If you want to move it around the workshop or even outside, it will not be such a taxing hustle. This heat gun is also composed of an HG1300 heat gun. For the sellers that do not offer free shipping, they sell the heat gun at much cheaper prices.
This heat gun can serve you a variety of purposes. You will simply love the fact that it is handy and extremely functional. You can use it to strip paints and loosen rusted bolts. You can also use it for embossing and rubber stamping. This heat gun has a wide variety of purpose and it allows you to get creative.
- Comes with two temperature settings.
- Allows a variety of applications that use different temperatures.
- It features a built-in stand.
- It is easy to cool down.
- It self-supports.
- It is lightweight and easy to carry around.
- It has a compact design for ease of use and handling.
- They can come at lower prices depending on the seller.
- It has a wide variety of purposes.
- Use to loosen rusted bolts.
- The cover over the switch makes it hard to operate.
- The heat can set off your smoke detector.
- Shipping and costs vary.
- Poor customer service.