If you are always fascinated with how bakeries end up with colorful and complicated designs on your cake order, then you have come to the right place. Choosing an edible printer is similar to how you would choose almost any printer for your home or office use. However, for an edible printer, you will need to have the right tools, which include getting a printer that can handle edible ink.
With bakers getting more and more creative by the day, customized cakes are the in-thing. Couples are more appreciative of cakes with their images on it for anniversary celebrations. Meanwhile, kids love seeing their favorite cartoon, superhero, or movie characters on their birthday cakes. Due to this demand, it’s almost impossible to be a baker without an edible printer. However, this is not a license to buy a printer for the sake of it.
In this guide, we take a look at some of the best edible printers that you can get for your bakery today.
Canon Pixma iX6820 Wireless
The Canon Pixma iX6820 wireless printer is one of the best edible printers that you can get in the market. Besides being a common name in most home and work offices, it does a lot more than just print.
- Perfect edible printer for bakers who want to showcase the full range of their creativity and ideas.
- This versatile printer has wide-format capabilities allowing you to print images of up to 19 by 13 inches.
- Because of its wide format capabilities, you can easily work and take up large edible printing projects.
- It has a 5-ink individual ink capacity which means you get to replace the individual inks that run out.
- Has a single rear-feed tray that is not only adjustable, it can also accommodate both large and standard sheets.
- This printer’s wireless feature makes it excellent for any baker who prefers to print from anywhere.
- It allows for mobile printing, and the Wi-Fi connection is both reliable and strong allowing you to copy characters and images from most digital devices.
- Easy to set up and is an excellent printing printer producing high-quality printouts.
- It can easily handle thicker materials, sugar papers and wafers without clogging up.
- Should be used frequently to prevent clogs
Canon IP7220 Wireless Printer
Canon as always is a leading brand when it comes to making various printers for diverse usage. The Canon IP7720 is another edible printer choice that you can consider getting. It comes packed with various features that make it stand out.
- It’s a wireless printer that gives you the ability to connect to any compatible tablet or smartphone.
- Similar to the Pixma iX6820, it has five different ink tanks that print very crisp images.
- It has a photo resolution dpi of 9600 by 2400.
- The individual ink cartridges mean you will only need to replace each individual ink when it runs out.
- You get access to My Image Garden, Canon’s editing software suite allowing you to correct and enhance your edible images before they print.
- The My Image Garden software suite also comes with a wide array of special effects hence you can give your customers more options in terms of images.
- You don’t have to worry about where to set up your printer as the dual feed tray option means you can put it anywhere.
- Excellent printer for slower inks like edible inks.
- The instructions aren’t as detailed and clear, and some customers have reported that the software is clunky.
Canon Pixma TS5020 Printer
If you need an edible printer that is an all-purpose printer and can give you service without breaking down, then the Canon Pixma TS5020 is your go-to printer. It is a capable printer that has high connectivity. This makes it an excellent edible printer choice, especially for small businesses.
- It’s an all-in-one printer that allows you to print, copy and scan.
- Although the rear feed model isn’t good for edible printing sheets, it can easily handle the thicker density of wafer or sugar sheets.
- The scanning feature is perfect as it makes it easy for you to take a customer’s physical image and transfer it to their choice of cake.
- It features a 3-inch LCD screen that you can use to navigate the printer settings and functions.
- Easily handle your edible paper feed with start and stop buttons.
- Has several connectivity options including Bluetooth, Wi-Fi as well as Google Cloud Print, AirPrint, Canon Print, among others.
- It has an SD card slot which accepts some SD card types should you want to go the SD-route.
- It’s easy to set up this printer and install ink tanks.
- Its rear feed model isn’t suitable for edible printing sheets
Canon MX532 Wireless Printer
The Canon MX532 makes printing a lot easier and fun. It comes with various amazing features that make it stand out as an edible printer. You can also print your images on-the-go as it has various connectivity options.
- Features the PIXMA Printing Solutions (PPS) that allows you to scan or print photos from compatible devices.
- The PPS service also allows you to print from cloud-based services such as Dropbox as well as social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, among others. This gives your customers the flexibility to choose their images from their social sites.
- Save up to 50 percent of your printing cost thanks to the auto duplex printing feature.
- Its automatic document feeder can handle up to 30 sheets of paper making it easy for you to load pages without having to do it one by one.
- It is compatible with a wide variety of ink types.
- Has a dpi of 4800 by 1200 which ensures that you get quality edible prints.
- Being a fast front printer, it means you can easily add paper or change ink at the printer’s front.
- Some customers are not pleased with the printer’s photo quality.
Canon Pixma MG3620 Wireless Printer
The Canon Pixma MG3620 is an all-in-one printer that comes with various connectivity options for your edible printing needs. It’s available in three different colors and can easily print various types of media files.
- Easily print from your Android, tablet, iPhone, or iPad.
- The setup process is quick and easy.
- It has various print options such as Google Cloud Print, AirPrint, NFC, Canon Print and Mopria.
- Its compact design helps save on space.
- It has the auto-sided printing feature which helps you save on paper.
- Easily scan, print and copy.
- Windows and Mac operating systems compatibility.
- The Wi-Fi set up is easy.
- Results in high-quality photos.
- Comes with software that makes it easy for you to get creative.
- Fast printing speeds which mean you will never have to wait forever for your prints to come out.
- It’s not a workhorse hence it is not suited for small businesses.
- It has various connectivity issues.
Canon TS6120 Wireless Printer
This Icinginks edible image printer is one of the best edible printers that you can find in the market today. You can easily create stunning edible images for your customer’s cakes using the cake craft package printer package.
- It has an easy set up as setting up the printer takes a matter of seconds.
- It has Mac and Windows operating systems compatibility.
- Easily print from your iOS and Android smartphones.
- With this printer, you can easily print prints of up to 14 by 8.5 inches resulting in vivid and beautiful color cake images.
- This printer’s ink cartridges can print between 45 to 50 sheets of paper.
- Compatible with icing sheets, frosting sheets, wafer sheets, sugar sheets, chocolate transfer sheets, and rice paper.
- It’s an all-in-one printer giving you the flexibility to print, scan and copy your customer’s images without much hassle.
- It has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity options for mobile printing.
- Easily install the AirPrint app to print images directly from your iPhone or iPad.
- This printer can easily be cleaned with a cleaning kit to prevent clogging.
- It is available in three different styles.
- This printer does not feature an SD card slot holder.
Choosing an edible printer, though challenging, can still be done. You only need to know how to choose one. In fact, choosing an edible printer is not different from choosing any ordinary printer. Edible printers are regular printers that have been redesigned to accommodate edible inks needed for cakes or pastries.
When looking for an edible printer, it’s important that you consider the size, removable components, inks, cartridges, speed, and, most importantly, your budget. In addition, you should also consider the paper and sheet support – whether it’s an all-in-one. Edible printers can help you express your creativity and ideas easily. We hope that our above review has helped narrow down your choices.