On average, a worker in the United States consumes over 10,000 sheets of copy paper each year (that’s a crazy stat, right?) More than that, the US consumes roughly 30 percent of all copy papers in the world. In such cases, anything that helps to reduce the amount of paper, time, energy, and other resources should be welcome news.
That is where duplex scanner printers prove their worth. They are capable of saving more than 50 percent of the costs of paper. Based on this, it makes sense to invest in the best duplex scanner printer. Do you know where to start or look? Since that is a tad difficult, this review should set you off on your way to choosing the most outstanding duplex scanner printer in the market today.
# 1 – Epson Eco Tank ET-3760
The Epson Eco Tank ET3760 provides a great way to save money on ink, while also being able to save on paper through double sided printing.
Each ink box serves you for two years before needing a replacement. On top of that, the machine enhances your productivity courtesy of its 30-sheet ADF. You would also be glad with the speed at which it prints or scans. Its paper tray, with its 150-sheet capacity, will save you even more time. The presence of the Precision Core feature on the machine exposes you to the next-gen printing technology too.
- Its low-cost replacement ink bottles saves you up to 90 percent
- Amazing quality of the prints and scans
- Small footprint
- Cost of running it is exceptionally low
- Each ink box gives you thousands of pages of prints
- Precision Core feature delivers 5-star output quality
- Two years warranty from the manufacturer
- Superb mobile connectivity options
- Can be cumbersomely slow
- Recommended volume ratings and duty cycle are criminally low
- Does not support flash memory devices
#2 – Brother MFCL2750DW Monochrome All-in-One Duplex Laser Printer
This duplex monster offers more than just printing or scanning. It also acts as a copier and fax machine. Nevertheless, those qualities are available in just about any duplex scanner printer. So, what sets it apart from the rest? First, a printing speed of 36 pages a minute is not to be taken lightly. Next, the 250-sheet tray gives you ample tools to proceed with your work before setting the next batch.
Further, the automatic document feeder operates at a capacity of 50 sheets. Other outstanding features include USB, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi interfaces. More than that, though, is the fact that the machine is designed for efficiency and to perform optimally. On these grounds, you should definitely buy it for your small office or home.
- Superb all-in-one functionality
- Designed for enhanced productivity and to save time
- Allows you to print on the go through wireless connectivity
- All printing and scanning is cloud-based
- Compatible with multiple scan drivers such as SANE, WIA, and Twain
- Excellent compatibility with various scan file formats such as JPEG, PDF
- Amazon Dash Replenishment is enabled to let you know when toner levels are getting low
- Watch out for the scanner since it has a reputation of cocking paper
- Deep sleep mode can be problematic
#3 – Canon Color ImageCLASS MF644Cdw
Quality does not always mean paying through your nose. In this regard, this duplex scanner printer provides bang for your buck. Armed with multiple capabilities – since it copies, scans, prints, and faxes without any difficulty – you will enjoy the time that it allows you to save. Apart from that, this device is one of the most reliable in the market with guaranteed quality to boot.
Nevertheless, you should be careful to feed it nothing but only small print jobs, especially those taking not more than 10 seconds. Further, its security features make it impossible to lose confidential business or personal details, which it stores in its short-term memory. Consequently, you never have to worry about such details falling into the wrong hands.
- An all-in-one color printer and scanner
- Paper tray has a 250-sheet capacity
- Scanning is more efficient because of the single pass scanning ADF
- Supports both Wi-Fi Direct and Ethernet
- Touchscreen is large and easy to use
- Operates noiselessly, which is great news for your home office or small business
- Uses toner cartridge rather than inkjet thus reducing wastes
- Easy to set up
- Prints double-sided
- Costly laser toner cartridges
- Large footprint
#4 – HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer
One of the overriding qualities of this duplex scanner printer is its affordability. Other than that, its black finish is equally attractive coupled with the simple 2.2-inch mono touchscreen. Apart from scanning, you can also use the touchscreen to command the machine to print, copy, and fax documents.
If you have ever wished for a device that can order to either print or scan via your Android or Apple gadget, then this is it. More remarkably, it supports USB 2.0, thus enabling you to use it with just about any computer that you own. Compatibility issues do not arise when USB 2.0 is in play. On top of all that, your operational costs will remain low courtesy of the fact that it uses a single black and one tricolor cartridge.
- Performs wireless printing
- You can also print via your mobile device
- Its Instant Ink ready feature ensures that you never run out of ink in the middle of work
- Set up is quite easy with its HP Smart app
- HP Smart app also allows you to order toners, scan from the smartphone, and do all your printing from the cloud
- Guarantees laser-quality prints, copies, faxes, and scans
- Its optional quiet mode keeps all noise levels down
- HP Instant Ink saves you up to 50 percent
- Amazon Dash Replenishment saves you up to 10 percent
- Compact thus does not take up too much space
- Inadequate instructions on wireless connectivity
- Plastic construction feels a bit cheap
#5 – HP LaserJet Pro M479fdw
A stylish, functional, and efficient duplex scanner printer is worth whatever it costs. Your business needs this tool to move forward, especially during these times of great uncertainty. If you are worried about how secure your scanned documents are, you have no reason for that. Why? This scanner printer is full of security features embedded right inside to keep everything safe.
These include instant threat notification. Other than that, you can rest easy safe in the knowledge that the optional PIN/Pull Printing feature on the machine has your back. Further, you can automate all complicated workflows, thus leaving you with enough time for other equally crucial stuff.
- Gives you the option of printing with a network or without the courtesy of the built-in Wi-Fi Direct
- Delivers printing speeds of up to 28 ppm, which boosts your productivity
- Highly energy efficient with the capacity to save up to 18 percent of energy
- Using original toners saves you from wastes and reprints
- Complicated workflows can be automated
- Full of state-of-the-art security features
- Supports wireless printing
- Customer support available 24/7
- Duplex scanning is fully automated
- Laser toner cartridges are too costly
- Cooling fan can be quite loud
#6 – Canon PIXMA TR4520 Wireless Duplex Scanner Printer
The one feature that makes this duplex scanner printer a must-buy is the Wireless Connect, which enables you to set up the printer and print using nothing but your Smartphone. Other features that make it criminally easy to use include the Auto Power On/Off, Mopria Print Service, and AirPrint.
Additionally, the built-in ADF and Wi-Fi Direct make it one of the simplest devices to use. You also have the freedom to automate printing and any other tasks using the IFTTT feature, whose full identification is IF This Then That. Through it, you can automate printing, thus saving time and effort using multiple web services. For printer technology, it relies on inkjet while the technology used in connectivity is USB.
- Dash Replenishment saves you 10 percent on all your ink reorders
- Device measures all ink levels the moment you activate the Dash Replenishment feature
- Automated printing saves you time and effort
- Simple to use courtesy of multiple features such as AirPrint, Wi-Fi, built-in ADF, Auto Power On/Off, and Mopria Print Service
- Compatible with most smartphones because of the Wireless Connect feature
- Compatible with cloud printing
- Easy to set up and use
- 5GHz wireless networks not supported
- May not be easy registering it for Google Cloud Print
You’ve learned as much as you could possibly hope for from this review. Consequently, you now have the information required to make a wise purchase. The duplex scanner printers reviewed here all have the network and wireless connectivity. They are also compatible with any smartphone that you use.
They come with amazing driver support while the print resolution is worth dying for too. In terms of performance, functionality, and efficiency, these machines also outperform most that you would encounter in the market. For the most part, they also run noiselessly, which is a good thing, especially when working in confined spaces, such as home offices or the headquarters of your small business/startup.