Cricut machines are a great investment for any crafter or scrapbooker. A good cutting machine will help you save time as it’ll make it easy and fast for you to cut out your craft projects such as cards, signs, stickers among others. Cricut is a well-known brand when it comes to the world of cutting machines as it produces quality machines that most crafters swear by.
In fact, some Cricut machines are diverse and allow users to cut through a wide range of materials. But before buying just any Cricut machine, it’s important that you consider the functionality, wireless capability, cutting speed, portability, software, and your budget before making a decision.
Given that there are different models of Cricut machines, choosing one can be quite the task especially if you don’t know what to look for or you’re a first-time buyer. As such, research and reviews always come in handy when considering buying one. That said, we’ve reviewed a few of the best Cricut machines that you can buy in the market today.
1. Cricut Maker
The Cricut Maker machine takes the medal for the best Cricut machine that you can get in the market today. What draws it from the rest is its versatility and the freedom that it gives users thanks to the features it has.
- This machine is wireless enabled giving you the freedom to send your work wirelessly
- Designed with a new rotary blade that is able to cut through any type of fabric accurately and quickly
- Users will enjoy a fast cutting speed for their projects
- Comes with a double tool holder
- Besides the rotary blade, the Cricut Maker also comes with a knife blade that is meant to cut through thick materials
- Able to know if you are using the right blade or not thanks to the automated technology.
- Has a powerful cutting pressure that isn’t common in most cutting machines
- Enjoy a rich sewing library
- The design of the machine is both compact and futuristic
- Suitable for beginners and pros as well
- Utilizes the Design Space Software which is web-based hence quite limiting
- The cutting space is somewhat limited
2. Cricut Explore One
It’s one of the best Cricut machines for any newbie crafter or scrapbooker. While it looks a lot more like the Explore Air 2, they are quite different, and it was designed as a much more affordable option to the Explore Air 2.
- Has a tiny design hence easy to move around with for those with who need to attend design classes
- Has the ability to cut through different types of materials such as vinyl, cardstock, leather as well as poster boards
- The Cricut Explore One enables users to get exact cuts on any given materials to thank to the Smart Set dial function
- Ability to customize your own setting for cutting different types of materials
- Comes with the Cut Smart technology that is meant to help users get clean cuts of different sizes and shapes
- Enjoy quick cuts on any type of fabric thanks to the German carbide blade
- The machine supports cartridges making it a suitable buy for beginners
- Easy to use machine and comes with the web-based Design Space software
- Comes with over 50,000 free images that you can use to create your own designs
- Ability to wirelessly operate the machine thanks to the advanced technology which means you can make your designs from your mobile devices
- Has a USB port
- Freedom to upload your own personalized fonts and images
- It’s not designed with the Bluetooth technology hence the need to buy an adapter separately
- Comes with a single holder which means you can’t write and cut at the same time
- The Design Space software is web-based hence need for internet connectivity to access it
3. Cricut Explore Air 2
The Cricut Explore Air 2 cutting machine is said to be twice as fast in terms of cutting speed when compared to other Explore models. Besides cutting more than 100 types of materials, the machine also lets you create your projects in a matter of minutes.
- Twice as fast as other Explore models
- Ability to create a wide range of DIY projects
- Versatile as it has the ability to cut over 100 different types of materials such as faux leather, cardstock, specialty paper among others
- Enjoy making precise cuts thanks to the Smart Dial feature that cuts through materials at the right depth and pressure
- Comes with the web-based Design Space software that gives you the ability to customize and edit your projects while on the go
- Thanks to the dual tool holder, you can simultaneously write and cut
- With the scoring stylus, you are able to create cards, envelopes, box fold lines, and paper crafts
- Comes with Bluetooth connectivity for quick writing, scoring and cutting as well as for wirelessly sending your designs from your computer, tablet or smartphone
- Make use of more than 3,000 pre-made design and project ideas or upload your own personalized ones
- Very noisy compared to other Cricut machines
- Doesn’t have an Android app built for it
Whether you’re looking to buy a new Cricut machine or are simply looking to upgrade, choosing a Cricut machine isn’t as easy as most people think it to be. While it’s not impossible to get one that suits your needs, without the proper research you might end up disappointed. It’s therefore important that you start by considering how many times you will be using your machine.
For there, consider the type of projects that you handle. That is, do your projects involve using one type of material of different. If different, consider getting a machine that has the ability to cut through different types of materials. If wireless connectivity is a must-have for you, look into machines that have this feature as it’ll ease your work.
By far, the best Cricut machine is the Cricut Maker as it comes loaded with lots of features to help ease the process of doing your projects. If you are just starting, get yourself the Explore Air One.