Chromebooks are some of the most ambitious pieces of technology you can own. While these are mostly not that expensive, they provide almost the equivalent performance of a typical or a 2-in-1 laptop.
The reason behind a Chromebook performing so well is its OS. It’s based on a Chrome browser. It uses minimal properties and provides the user with massive performance. While most Chromebooks can cost up to $1000, finding the right one within budget can be painful.
Though it might seem quite hard to find the right Chromebook under $300, it’s not impossible. There are a few factors that you have to keep in mind, these include display size, form-factor, and internal specs.
To sum it all up, we’ve put together a list of the best Chromebooks under $300. Though all of these are budget Chromebooks, they are powerful enough to handle your day-to-day tasks.
1. Samsung Chromebook 4+
The best Chromebook under $300 has to be the one from Samsung. It’s called the Samsung Chromebook 4+. It looks great and performs even better. Thus, it earned the top spot on our list.
The Samsung Chromebook 4+ features a light and compact design. The matte silver color on the Chrome looks and feels nice. You can also use this Chromebook with your hands off. Wondering how’s that possible? Just use Google Voice Assistant! It’s simple!
The Samsung Chromebook 4+ runs on Chrome OS. The inside specs are great too. It has an Intel Celeron Processor N4000. It is powerful enough to handle your daily tasks. It also comes with a fast 4GB LPDDR4 RAM.
As the Chromebook is more like a hybrid laptop, it uses a USB-Cc charging port. On a single charge, you can get up to 10 hours of battery life. It also has 32GB eMMC storage and a 15.6″ FHD LED display that provides stunning visuals.
Though there are two other better versions of this Chromebook, this one is the best under $300. Go for this one if your budget is strictly within $300. But if you can stretch it a bit, we recommend going for its higher-end versions.
- It features a light and compact design.
- You can get your work done with the Google Assistant feature.
- The Intel Celeron Processor N4000 is enough for your daily work schedule.
- 4GB fast LPDDR4 RAM.
- Up to 10 hours of battery life on a full charge.
- The 15.6″ FHD LED display provides stunning visuals.
- The other higher-end versions of this Chromebook are better.
2. HP Chromebook
The next entry on this list is another great ChromeBook with an even lower price than the Samsung Chromebook 4+. If you haven’t guessed already I’m talking about the HP Chromebook. It has a similar performance scale to the Chromebook 4+ with a lower price.
The HP Chromebook’s motto is “Work and plays all day”. This is what the HP Chromebook brings to the table. It has a great battery life of 9.5 hours. So plug-in once and you’re set for the day. It also has a flexible hinge that allows up to 180-degree rotation
You won’t need to use an external speaker with this Chromebook as it has bursting dual speakers and audio by B&O play. The processor is quite powerful too as you’ll find an AMD Dual-Core a4-9120 processor with a max 2.5 GHz clock speed.
The display is a bit smaller than the Chromebook 4+ as it has a 14.0-inch diagonal HD display. The display has anti-glare technology and is backlit. This Chrome is also equipped with 4GB RAM and 32GB eMMC HDD.
The only thing we didn’t like was the fact that it gets overheated after extensive use. Other than that small bit, there isn’t any question regarding this Chromebook. It’s one of the best.
- Great battery life of 9.5 hours
- The flexible hinge allows up to 180-degree rotation and an aesthetic look.
- It has bursting dual speakers and audio by B&O play.
- The AMD dual-core a4-9120 processor with a max 2.5 GHz clock speed is powerful enough to handle most tasks.
- The 14.0-inch diagonal HD display has anti-glare technology and a backlit display.
- Up to 32GB storage and 4GB fast RAM.
- Gets overheated after extensive use.
3. Lenovo Chromebook C330
If a convertible Chromebook is your top priority then it would be ideal to go for the Lenovo Chromebook C330. This convertible Chromebook has a stunning look with decent features. The price is good too!
If you’re a fan of the color white then you’re going to love this Chromebook. The blizzard white color on this Chromebook is stunning, to say the least. Despite being a 360⁰ convertible laptop, the build quality is solid. It doesn’t weigh much too as it’s just 1 inch thin.
The display is a bit smaller than other Chromebooks on this list at 11-inches. So it’s a perfect-sized notebook-style Chromebook. It runs on a MediaTek MT8173C Processor and has 4GB fast LPDDR3 Ram and 64 GB eMMC storage.
The C330 has built-in virus protection and keeps you safe at all times. It also doesn’t require any setup. Simply sign in to your Google account and you’ll be good to go. This Chromebook with high-end features at a low price is just what you need!
However, its use of DDR3 RAM might not be liked by some. Keeping that bit aside, this Chromebook is a really good one to invest your money on.
- Solid build quality alongside a stunning blizzard white color.
- This stylish 360⁰ convertible laptop is just 1 inch thin.
- The 4GB fast LPDDR3 Ram and 64 GB eMMC storage ensure a smooth UI.
- The built-in virus protection keeps your information safe at all times.
- Affordable price.
- The audio drivers are well placed and powerful.
- It uses DDR3 RAM instead of DDR4 RAM.
4. Acer Chromebook Spin 311
From one convertible to another, the Acer Chromebook Spin 311 is much like the Lenovo C330 in terms of power and performance. But overall, it is better than the Lenovo C330. Acer is known for its low-priced laptops and this Chromebook is no different.
Let’s start with the look and build quality. This Chromebook isn’t something too fancy. Though the build quality is decent along with its generic look, it isn’t something too sophisticated. However, you can always customize the outer looks with a 3rd-party skin maker.
On to the performance now. It runs on an Intel Celeron N4020 Processor. The processor is powerful enough for most day-to-day tasks. It also has 4GB LPDDR4 RAM and 32GB eMMC storage. The network interfaces are fast too with Gigabit Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth 5.0
A thing that I like is that you’ll get 100GB of free Google Drive storage. The battery life is great too with 10 hours of backup on a full charge. The UI is blazing fast thanks to the minimalistic system features of Chrome OS.
However, as we mentioned already, it’s a bit too simplistic. Other than that, there isn’t anything worth noting. Pick this one up, it would be a great choice.
- Decent build quality.
- The Intel Celeron N4020 Processor is powerful enough for most day-to-day tasks.
- It comes with fast 4GB LPDDR4 RAM and 32GB eMMC storage.
- Fast Gigabit Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth 5.0 network interfaces.
- Up to 10 hours of battery backup on a full charge.
- 100GB of free Google Drive storage included.
- The design is too simplistic.
5. Lenovo Chromebook Duet
Though we would’ve loved to include the better version of Duet with SSD, we’ll instead have to make up with the Normal Version of the Lenovo Chromebook duet. But still, it’s not a bad version by any means. It’d serve you quite well.
Like some of the Chromebooks we’ve mentioned before this, the Lenovo Duet is also a convertible. It has a stylish look with two available colors (iron grey and ice blue). The build quality is solid and the aluminum alloy provides standard design features and durability.
On to the performance section now. The Lenovo Duet uses a MediaTek Helio P60T processor. Though it’s a lesser-known processor, it works just as great as the others. It also has 4GB LPDDR4 RAM and 64GB SSD storage. Speed is what this Chromebook will provide you with!
The display has great performance capabilities even though it’s a bit smaller than others. The Lenovo Duet has a 10 1″ FHD display with color accuracy technology. This display also supports 10-point multi-touch and is USI-pen compatible.
The pen however isn’t included with the package and you’ll have to buy it separately. This makes the cost go above $300. But if you won’t buy the pen then you won’t have to worry about anything. This is the only Chromebook within $300 that has SSD storage!
- A convertible laptop with a stylish look.
- The aluminum alloy provides style and durability.
- Only Chromebook within $300 that has SSD storage.
- A stunning 10 1″ FHD display with color accuracy technology.
- The display also supports 10-point multi-touch and is USI pen compatible.
- The lesser-known MediaTek Helio P60T processor can pull its weight quite well.
- The USI pen isn’t included with the package.
6. ASUS Chromebook C423
For the last one, we’ll head over to the Asus side of things one last time. This Chromebook is one of their best sellers from last year and it’s a great Chromebook too. With a great balance of price and features, this Chromebook should be at the top of your wishlist.
As you’ve probably guessed at this point, yes this Chromebook is also convertible. It features a simple yet beautiful silver color. The display is 14” HD with nano-edge technology. It also has anti-glare technology alongside an ultra-narrow bezel.
On the performance side of things, it’s quite similar to the other Chromebooks. The Asus C423 features an Intel Dual-Core Celeron N3350 processor. It also has 4GB RAM and 32 GB eMMC storage.
You don’t need anything external such as drivers to run this Chromebook. All you need to do is log into your Google account and that should be it. The 10-hour battery life on a full charge is quite nice too. Finally, it comes with a built-in security system that protects the Chromebook from malware attacks.
But one thing that I can complain about here is its lack of an HDMI port. Other than that, this is another Chromebook option you should keep in mind.
- A convertible Chromebook that features a simple yet beautiful silver color.
- The 14” HD display has a nano-edge and anti-glare technology alongside an ultra-narrow bezel.
- Superfast 4GB RAM and 32 GB eMMC storage.
- Easy to use as it doesn’t need to install any external drivers.
- Massive 10-hour battery life on a full charge.
- The built-in security system protects the Chromebook from malware attacks.
- No HDMI port.
In today’s article, we discussed 6 of the best Chromebooks under $300. Yes, they aren’t the best bits of technology you’ll get. But if you want to spend the least while getting the most performance, a Chromebook is your best option.
You can get even more performance by spending just a bit more. For example, most of the Chromebooks mentioned here have a superior alternate version with either more or faster storage, more RAM, better display, etc.
If you are willing to spend just a bit more than $300, then consider having a look at those Chromebooks too. If not, then the ones we mentioned in today’s article would do just fine.