There was a time when you’d have to sell a few of your body parts to get a Windows tablet. Though I’m somewhat exaggerating, most of the Windows tablets are indeed expensive. You actually have to think twice before getting one.
But the good thing is that there are a few cheap options that you could pick up. Though there aren’t that many, there are a few that might catch your eyes. Though a Windows tablet is branded, there are a few things you might want to ensure before buying one.
The purpose behind buying a Windows tablet and the frequency of using it matter greatly because these are the factors that decide what processor, storage, or battery you should look for.
So to ease up your search we’ve put together a list of the best cheap Windows tablets we could find! Let’s begin!
1. Surface GO 2 (4/64)
There’s no doubt about which one is the best cheap Windows tablet at the moment. The Surface Go 2 is the latest and most polished tablet you can get. The fact that it comes at such a low price is an absolute steal!
We’ll be talking about the 4/64 version of the Surface Go 2. It has a stylish looking platinum color. As we’ve mentioned already, it has 4GB RAM and 64GB storage. Though this might not seem much, both storage and RAM are quite fast and the speed makes up for the storage.
The Surface GO 2 runs on Windows 10. The processor is quite powerful as it runs on an 8th gen Intel Pentium Gold Processor 4425Y. The processor is accompanied by an Intel HD Graphics 615 GPU. You can do short tasks such as rendering and editing without much hassle.
The display is a treat to the eyes. As we all know, Microsoft tablets usually come with a pixel sense display. The pixel sense display enhances each pixel to display visuals. The 10.5” display supports Pen input too. Finally, you’ll get up to 10 hours of battery life, clearly much more than you might need.
The only shortcoming is the storage. Other than that, the Surface Go 2 is a flawless tablet.
- Stylish platinum color
- The 4GB RAM and 64GB storage is quite fast.
- It runs on a powerful 8th gen Intel Pentium Gold Processor 4425Y.
- The Intel HD Graphics 615 GPU is quite powerful too.
- The 10.5” pixel sense display supports Pen input too.
- Massive 10-hour battery life on a full charge.
- The 64GB storage might not be enough for some.
2. Surface Go (4/64)
We’ve talked about the elder brother. How can we leave the younger sibling alone? Am I confusing you? Don’t be confused! The Surface Go is another cheap tablet you can pick up. It performs great too!
The Surface GO was designed for those who are always on the run. The size should be quite small. As it weighs just about 1lbs, you can carry it anywhere with ease. This tablet also runs on Windows 10 Home similar to the Surface Go 2.
Now we’ll discuss how it performs. Even though the Surface Go is an older model, the performance is surprisingly similar to the Surface Go. It runs on an Intel Pentium Gold processor. It also has 4GB RAM and 64GB storage. But like the Surface Go 2, it also suffers from not having much storage.
There’s nothing new to say about the Pixelsense display. The Surface Go also has a 10” Pixelsense display. That’s why the visuals are crisp and accurate. You can also use this tablet in laptop and studio mode. The battery life of 9 hours is quite decent too.
The only negatives are low storage and keyboards needing to be bought separately. If you can excuse these bits, it’s one of the cheapest and best-performing Windows tablets out there.
- As it weighs just about 1lbs, you can carry it anywhere with ease.
- It runs on a powerful Intel Pentium Gold processor.
- 4GB fast RAM and 64GB storage provide a smooth UI.
- The 10” Pixelsense display provides crisp and accurate visuals.
- It has 3 modes (Laptop, Tablet, and Studio).
- Up to 9 hours of battery life on a full charge.
- The 64GB storage is fairly low.
- The keyboard needs to be bought separately in order to use it as a laptop.
3.Microsoft Surface 3
Though the Surface 3 is a slightly older model, don’t let that fool you as this tablet is still one of the better cheap tablets you can get your hands on. So let’s stop the nonsense and let’s see what this tablet has to offer.
Surface 3 is a fairly small tablet. It weighs about 1.4lb. Though the display isn’t Pixelsense, it’s still quite good as it’s a 10.8” ClearType Full HD Plus Display. The display has other notable features such as 10-point multi-touch support and Surface Pen support.
Let’s talk performance now. The Surface 3 runs on a decently powerful Intel® Quad-Core Atom processor. This tablet has a few variations in terms of RAM and storage. You can pick up to 4GB RAM and 128GB storage with this tablet. This tablet also runs on the latest version of Windows 10.
The battery life is massive as it can go up to 10hours on a full charge. It also comes with a headphone port which most of the newer tablets don’t have. Even though the cameras aren’t anything special, they are worth a mention as you’ll get up to 3MP front and 8MP back cameras.
The only complaint we have about this tablet is that it’s a slightly older model. Other than that we don’t have anything to say. Currently, it’s one of the better Windows tablets.
- As it weighs about 1.4lb, it’s very portable.
- The display also has 10-point multi-touch support and Surface Pen support.
- The Surface 3 runs on a decently powerful Intel® Quad-Core Atom processor.
- Up to 4GB RAM and 128GB storage
- The battery life is massive as it can go up to 10hours on a full charge.
- Great 10.8” display.
- An older model
4. Fusion5 FWIN232
If you’re really on a low budget, you can take a look at the Fusion5 FWIN232. It’s made by one of the third party manufacturers which is why they can offer it for so low.
Fusion 5 is a lightweight tablet. It weighs about 1.5 lb and is portable. It has a low price because it had to cut a few corners. You’ll not be getting a Pixelsense display, rather you’ll find a 10.1″ IPS Display with 1280*800 resolution.
Now let’s head over to the performance section. The CPU is a quad-core Intel Atom processor. It also has 4GB RAM and 64 GB storage. You can expand the storage with a micro sd card of up to256GB.
This tablet runs on the latest versions of Windows 10. Meanwhile, the dual speakers also put up a good job of putting out high-quality sound. This tablet also comes with a 1-year warranty at a US service center.
The only risk you’d be taking is it’s a lesser-known brand. The product quality can be a bit wanky. Other than that, there isn’t much to talk about and you should have a good time with it altogether.
- It weighs about 1.5 lb and is quite portable.
- A decent 10.1″ IPS Display with 1280*800 resolution.
- A decent quad-core Intel Atom processor.
- Up to 4GB RAM and 64 GB storage.
- With a microSD card, you can increase the storage up to 256GB.
- A 1-year warranty is included with the purchase.
- It’s a lesser-known brand
5. CHUWI UBook X
Our next pick is the CHUWI UBook X. Though it’s a Chinese brand, the specs and the performance speak for themselves. This is why it booked a place in our best cheap windows tablet list!
Let’s begin with the screen. It comes with a 12-inch full HD IPS screen. The resolution of this tablet is quite high at 2160*1440. The visual angels are perfect too and there’s no issue of display bleeding after some time.
The RAM and storage of this tablet are better than the others on this list. You’ll find 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD storage with this tablet. The processor is phenomenal too as you’ll find an Intel N4100 Quad-Core Processor.
This tablet is very portable thanks to its 9mm body and 780g weight. You can also expand the storage up to 128GB with a microSD card. But one thing to note here is that the charge doesn’t last long (it lasts about 6 hours).
Overall, the Chuwi Ubook X is for those who want power and speed. If you can sacrifice your battery life then this tablet is for you.
- It comes with a 12 inch Full HD IPS screen.
- The display is 2K and has a resolution of 2160*1440.
- Lightning-fast 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD storage.
- It’s equipped with a powerful Intel N4100 Quad-Core Processor.
- With a microSD card, you can increase the storage up to 128GB.
- Super slim 9mm body.
- The 6-hour battery life is sub-par.
6. MobileDemand Flex 10B
I bet this is one name that you didn’t expect to show up on this list. The MobileDemand Flex 10B is a rugged style Windows tablet. This hybrid tablet comes with a lot of features for tech enthusiasts and at a much reasonable price.
According to MobileDemand, they made this tablet especially for those who work outdoors. It has MIL-STD-810G and can survive up to 27 repeated drops from a height of 4 feet. I don’t think many devices can top that kind of durability! The body is equipped with pre-installed corner bumpers and a screen protector.
This tablet provides military-grade performance to its user. It has a powerful Intel Celeron N4100 Quad-Core processor. The RAM and storage portion is standard too as you’ll receive 4GB RAM and up to 128GB Storage. It also has all sorts of ports you can name. From USB 3.0 to USB-C, it has it all! It also has a 3,5mm headphone jack.
The battery life is easily the best on this list. You can get up to 12 hours of battery backup with this tablet. There are also a couple of Realtek Audio Speakers that put out HD sounds. It also comes with a 1-year manufacturer hardware warranty.
Though it’s a bit heavy, you can’t ignore its feature and performance. Even if it’s slightly higher than your cheap Windows tablets, it provides better value. For that, I think it’s the best cheap Windows tablet in terms of performance.
- This tablet is perfect for those who work outdoors.
- It has MIL-STD-810G and can survive up to 27 repeated drops from a height of 4 feet.
- The body is equipped with pre-installed corner bumpers and a screen protector.
- It has a powerful Intel Celeron N4100 Quad-Core processor.
- A standard 4GB RAM and 128GB Storage.
- Up to 12hours battery life on a full charge.
- Comes with a 1-year manufacturer hardware warranty.
- Very heavy for a tablet.
Finding a Windows tablet within a cheap price range is hard. Most of the time you’ll end up with a knock-off. Trust me, you wouldn’t want this.
Each of the tablets mentioned on this list serves the needs of tablet-seeking people. If any of these tablets spark your interest then you should pick that one up now!