As we increasingly adopt digital content in many aspects of lives, tools such as scanners are increasingly becoming important to move the once analog information sources into digital form. This is more and more important as we strive to archive some of the worlds printed information.
However, for most people, scanners are relatively novel devices, and choosing the right one is not always easy. Fortunately, we have identified a list of some of the best scanners for books, for you to consider. Equipped with one of these tools, and you will find it easy to upload and store your digital content.
Below is a list of some of the top brands for you to consider:
#1 – IPEVO V4K Ultra High Definition Document Camera (Editor’s Choice)
Scanning documents has never been this easy. Why? Well, get the IPEVO V4K High definition document camera, and you will get the answer. To make it simple, this scanner has all the unique features you want in a reliable and powerful printer. It comes with a powerful 8-megapixel camera, which you can use to capture high definition images each time. Furthermore, the scanner also has a high frame rate, which will guarantee lag-free live streaming of content each time.
Thanks to the fast-focusing speed of the monitor, the IPEVO V4K scanner reduces interruptions for frequent switching between various materials. It even comes with a Sony CMOS image sensor for optimal noise reduction and colour reproduction benefits. Thus, the camera is ideal for use in dimly lit environments.
- Comes with an 8-megapixel camera
- High frame rate for lag-free streaming
- Fast-focusing speed reduces interruptions
- CMOS image sensor for optimal noise reduction
- The back section warms up significantly
- Somewhat large for some users to carry around
#2 – Fujitsu PA03641-B305 ScanSnap SV600 (Runner up)
Make scanning much more convenient when you have the Fujitsu PA03641-B305 ScanSnap Book Scanner. This is the best overhead scanner for journals, delicate papers and books. It comes with page-turning detection, which can scan automatically when you turn a page, which makes it convenient. Even more, the printer features image flattening software, which corrects for curves at the spine of a book. The unique software also makes it easy to remove any scanned fingertips during the process.
Plus, this unit is also capable of multiple document detection, and the automatic cropping makes it easy to scan many documents at the same time.
- Page-turning detection software
- Image flattening software corrects curves
- Versatile imaging technology includes a depth depth
- Scans without damaging documents
- It takes time to boot up
- Could use a better graphic user interface
#3 – iCODIS X7 Book & Document Scanner (Honorable Mention)
With the iCODIS X7, you are sure of a reliable and heavy-duty addition to your digital projects. This unit has all the features you need to make scanning life convenient. For instance, it comes with Flattening Curve Technology, which will automatically compensate for aspects such as finger reflection when you place a book. Even more, the iCODIS X7 comes with a timer, which you can shoot automatically after flipping a page.
The document camera even comes with various other useful functions such as intelligent continuous shooting. This function lets the scanner print documents automatically, thus making it convenient. You will also love the collapsible and portable design of the printer, an essential aspect of machines which offer ease of use.
- Collapsible and portable printer design
- Flattening curve technology for quality scans
- Comes with a 15-megapixel camera
- Powerful Optical Character Recognition functions
- Available in one finish
- The OCR scanner might require regular cleaning
#4 – CZUR ET16-P Professional Document Camera Scanner
Scan your documents with ease when you have the CZUR ET16-P document scanner and printer. This highly efficient printer comes with patented flattening curve technology, which is highly efficient. More so, the ET16-P is easy and fast to use and can scan a 300-page book in as little as 10 minutes. Thanks to the inclusion of Auto Scan-Tech, this unit makes it easy to scan documents and books. All you need to do is to just flip the pages, and it features a foot pedal for convenient use.
The inclusion of 2 high quality supplementary lights, make it easy to scan documents of high quality. Any of your digital materials can easily be converted into editable PDF, Word and TIFF files for ease of storage. The scanner is even available with an easy to use software, which you can use to edit your documents.
- Patented flattening curve technology for ease of use
- 300-page book scanning function within 10 minutes
- Friendly with both A3 and A4 formats
- 2 high quality supplementary lights included for ease use
- Somewhat heavy in size
- The exterior finish is prone to staining
#5 – CZUR ET18 Pro Professional Document Scanner
Furthermore, the ET18 printer features an exceptional 18MP Sony camera, which is easy, fast and convenient to use. The scanner can easily finish scanning a 300-page book in as little as 10 minutes, which is faster than the conventional scanner.
On top of that, this unit features Auto Scan tech, which makes it easy to scan books and documents. All you just have to do is to flip the pages. The printer even has a foot pedal, which works for triggering the scanner.
- Comes with 18 MP Sony camera which easy and fast
- Can conveniently scan a 300-page book in 10 minutes
- Auto Scan-Tech makes it easy to scan books and documents
- Available with 2 high quality supplementary lights
- Produces some noise in operation
- Warms up when used for many hours
Best Scanners for Books Buying Guide
- Daily page cycle – you want a scanner that can print as many documents as possible, especially when its destined or office or school use. On average, go for a printer with speed of between 2,000 to 4,000 pages daily
- Camera quality – the quality of the camera determines the quality of images you will scan. Thus, it would help if you had a powerful camera, which on average is 15 megapixels and above.
- Upload and scanning speed – the printer should also boot up fast, and provide efficiency in scanning, as well as in uploading the images. This way, you have a productive printer which you can use for intensive projects
- Software quality – the software available determines how well you can use the scanner for your digital work. The interfaces should be visible and simple to use regardless of your experience level.
- Auxiliary features – also consider checking the printer for features such as optical character recognition, multi-feed functions, times and more.
Uploading written content can be easy, especially when you have the right resources. To be specific, the best scanners for books are perfect if you have lots of content you want to be uploaded online. Whether it’s a 300-page book or a straightforward article you saw in the newspaper, uploading it will be easy when you have one of these resources. These scanners are easy to use, and also provide exceptional daily page cycle levels.