Graphic design is a profession that carries with it a lot of responsibilities, and a lot of equipment.
Creatives can really make use of sturdy secure bags that contain essential tools for their trade, including a laptop, pens and pencils, sketch pads and paper, along with all your preferred gadgets.
If you are a budding designer, a graphics designers’ bag is a must-have, but there are many brands out there in the market today. Getting your hands on the best can be both confusing and time-consuming. You do not want to play the trial and error game because it will drain your wallet. We have therefore put together a list of some of the best bags for graphic designers to make your shopping easier.
#1 – Peak Design 15″ Everyday Messenger Bag V1
This is the best bag any designer can ask for. The design is sleek, unique, and gorgeous. It is very easy and comfortable to grab so you can easily be on the move. The good thing about this bag is that you do not have to load and unload its contents every other night when you get back home drained and tired. Your tools will be safe and intact until the next day when you will need them for work.
This everyday messenger bag is fitted with a camera divider insert – it provides a great and sufficient space to hold your camera. There is also the padded laptop compartment that will accommodate your 15” laptop. Considering that this compartment is well padded, that should tell you one thing – the safety of your laptop is guaranteed.
The Peak Design Everyday Bag is designed as an all-weatherproof bag. This means that your tools are safe and sound in the event of an impromptu weather change such as a sudden rain – considered as an enemy for any electronics. This bag however is your saving grace as it is created to ensure that nothing gets to your laptop and camera.
- It is an all-weather everyday bag.
- It is fitted with a DWR coating shell to cushion and protect your electronic equipment.
- It has several compartments designed for different equipment.
- The shoulder straps are adjustable and secure.
- It has a nice clasp to secure the contents of your bag.
- The bag also has small pouches and zippers for small items like notebooks and stationery.
- It is very costly.
- The water somehow finds its way into the bag.
#2 – STM Banks Backpack
This bag is absolutely the real deal. You will definitely love everything about it. You will also love every experience with it because of its superior features. To begin with, the outlook itself is very attractive and simple. It is also easy to carry on your back without making you tired because it is balanced on both shoulders.
This bag is designed to guard your equipment by suspending it above the bottom of the bag. The base of the bag is fitted with dual-density foam keeping it away from the impact zone. This means that if the bag drops on the ground with a thud, the base of the bag will act as a shock absorber by cushioning your equipment from the impact of the hard surface.
This bag also has convenient outside zippered pockets that will allow you to keep small items that you would regularly need such as a notepad and a pencil. You will not have to rummage through the entire contents of the bag. The side pockets are large enough to hold water bottles and power cables etc.
- It has zippered outside side pockets for quick access.
- It has water bottle holder pockets.
- It has a cable-ready cable-routing system to keep you connected.
- The base of the bag is designed to suspend your devices from touching the ground.
- The base also has laminated dual-density foam.
- The ergonomically curved straps take the load off your shoulders.
- The stash is for organizing your small convenient items.
- The compartment openings are too tight.
- They are expensive.
#3 – The Hex Alliance Bag
The slim design of this bag is very thoughtfully executed and extremely gorgeous. Despite its slim design, it is not one of those bags that announces the contents of the bag through a vivid definition of the items from the outside. The bag will only look occupied but aside from that, no one will ever guess what is inside.
This bag has one main big compartment that is ideal for your laptop. The other compartments are best suited for notebooks, stationeries, and other essentials because of the small sizes. However, there is an external zippered compartment that would ideally accommodate your tablet.
The inside of this bag is designed with HEX Heritage Interior Lining. The leather on the zipper pulls is also genuine and very secure. The laptop compartment is fully lined with fleece which acts as a shock absorber in the event of a hard impact. What makes this bag great is its water-resistant outer material. Even if you left it out in the rain, the content will be secure.
- One big compartment and several smaller ones.
- The laptop compartment is lined with fleece.
- It has an external pouch ideal for tablets.
- The outside material is water-resistant.
- The zip pulls are genuine leather.
- Light and not bulky.
- It has a gorgeous slim design.
- The bag conceals its contents well.
- It has one main compartment.
#4 – Moshi Helios Lite Bag
This stylish bag is everything any graphic designer will be happy to have. It is gorgeous and the design is thoughtfully creative. Considering these facts, I can safely say that this bag is an outright perfect steal! If you have one of those easy days where you just want to go light and minimal, then this is it.
To begin with, the bag comes with multiple colors. You have the option to free yourself from depressing colors. Feel free to go for your favorite. This bag is designed using ultra-lightweight but highly durable materials. It has magnet strap closures that are convenient and easy to operate with custom metal buckles.
The larger compartment can only fit a 13″ laptop but it is fully padded for excellent cushioning. It also has a rear Napoleon pocket for safekeeping of your smaller valuables. The bag comes with a year + lifetime guarantee.
- Stylishly designed with a range of colors.
- The price is pocket friendly.
- It has several compartments.
- It is ultra-light and easy.
- It is weather resistant.
- It has magnetic straps for closure.
- The laptop compartment is fully padded.
- Small in size and limited in accommodation.
#5 – Bellroy Slim BackPack
This is yet another bag with a slim design and gorgeous look. It was designed with the urban creative in mind who likes things to be smart and streamlined. In other words, Bellroy is an excellent designer who gives its consumers elegant designs with superior quality.
The bag is fitted with external zip pockets for easy access. The fold-over closure to the main compartment is very interestingly designed with a magnetic flap. From the outside, the bag looks simple and plain. It doesn’t come with external pockets or compartments.
The inside compartment, otherwise known as the laptop pocket, is highly padded to cushion the laptop against any impact in the event of it being dropped. You will also love the flexible angle shoulder straps that are comfortable and fits well. The bag also balances well on your shoulder as it distributes the weight equally on your back.
- Easy external zip pocket.
- The laptop pocket is heavily padded.
- The shoulder straps are comfortable and fitting.
- It is extremely gorgeous with excellent quality.
- The fold-over closure system is water-resistant.
- The closing is magnetic.
- The materials used are environment friendly.
- It comes in four different colors.
- Only fits smaller laptops with minimal inches.
- The internal compartments are few.
- The material used is not breathable so your electronics can soak in hot weather.
If you are considering getting one of these bags for graphics design purposes, there are a number of factors that you should consider before making a conclusive decision. Don’t always compromise quality for cheap. It is better to spend a fortune for a bag that will take good care of your equipment and serve you comfortably well.