Backpacks for artists are constructed differently and are therefore not in any way equal. An artist’s needs, the bag’s capacity, and durability, as well as the price, will determine the kind of backpack an artist will opt for. Because of the difference, a bag may be the best for one artist but not necessarily good for the next artist. To assist you figure out which one you should consider we have curated a list of the best backpacks’ money can buy below.
#1 – Tanchen 4K Canvas Artist Portfolio Carry Shoulder Bag
Bragging of top-quality canvas construction, the Tanchen 4K bag is a bag that is ideal for individuals looking for high capacity bags. The bag has five different pockets that artists can use to store all their tools and supplies. The main pocket can be used to store a drawing board while the others can be used color boxes, pens, pencils, card keys, and any other accessories that one may need. Artists can carry the bag in two different ways, either using the adjustable shoulder straps or using the hand straps
- The bag is extremely comfortable and easy to carry.
- The material of the bag does not allow for it to get moldy as it has excellent ventilation and long service life.
- It is available in 6 different colors that artists can pick from.
- A lot of users have complained that the zippers of the Tanchen bag are quite fragile.
#2 – Walfront Artist Canvas Painting Bag
This artist backpack by Walfront is made using heavy canvas, which makes it lightweight and quite comfortable to carry around. It’s available in four colors: red, blue, gray and black. Its storage capacity is huge, and an artist can easily fit their portfolio or big canvas readily. It also has distinct pockets for all other accessories that an artist may need, including, one for carrying drawing pads, easels, or other bigger items. The smaller pockets can be used for arranging supplies such as pallets, pens, brushes, and pencils in the front pockets, which are smaller.
- The bag has excellent, air permeability that prevents molding in case sweat or water comes into contact with it.
- Artists can carry the bag either as a backpack or using the hand strap.
- It is available I several different colors giving artists the option to pick the one that suits their aesthetics.
- The buckle of the bag is adjustable and can be moved to suit different heights.
- Some users have occasionally complained that the bag’s measurements may sometimes vary.
- The bag’s zippers could use some improvement as they broke easily
#3 – Zuca Artists Backpack
This artists backpack from Zuca consists of one large compartment and several other pockets and offers artists more than enough room for all their supplies and accessories. Bragging an ergonomic handle, artists have the option to carry this backpack as a handbag depending on what pleases them. This is one of the most versatile artist backpacks, and it can be used by people in other professions such as hairstylists, mobile nail technicians, and makeup artists.
- This backpack is big enough to provide artists with all the storage space they may need.
- The bag comes with robust zippers for additional longevity.
- The construction of the bag is one of the best we have seen in the market, and this makes the bag long-lasting.
- The bag is rather costly, but you are guaranteed value for your money.
- It is only available in one color, i.e., black, which may not tickle every artist’s fancy.
#4 – Kurtzy 4K Waterproof Artist Portfolio Carry Shoulder Bag
Designed for heavy-duty carrying, the Kurtzy 4K water-resistant backpack is designed to fit almost all art supply tools and kit that an artist would need into one organizer backpack. The bag is constructed using a synthetic fiber material, which makes it durable. It has five outer multi-zipped that can carry both large and small items from portfolios to pencils. With a length of 16.9″ and a width of 25.1″ this bag can be used for heavy-duty carrying by both professionals at the workplace and students at school
- The bag retains its shape even after several washes.
- It is one of the most affordable artist’s backpacks one can opt for.
- Kurtzy offers a money-back guarantee in case an artist is not happy with the purchase.
- The bag is only available in black, which can be boring for some artists.
#5 – Sakroots Artist Circle Flap Backpack
Constructed using a combination of polyester and uncoated canvas the Sakroots artist backpack is one of the best bags any artist could opt for. The bag brags vibrant prints that immediately draw one’s attention and it has magnetic snaps on the bag’s front pocket flaps. With three different compartments for storing items of various sizes, the main pocket has a zipper to ensure that an artist’s supplies are safe and secure. The bag’s construction is such that it has the strength to carry several items and still give long service.
- It has a nifty critter keychain accessory that comes in handy for holding an artist’s keys.
- Artists receive a matching pencil case when they buy the bag.
- It has a beautiful pattern that most artists will appreciate and love.
- It is an expensive bag, but it is certainly worth every penny as far as we are concerned.
- The print of the backpack often results in confusion on which gender should carry it. However, it is a unisex bag.
Artists are constantly on the go most of the time and as such need a backpack that will facilitate the constant movement, provide access to their materials while keeping them safe. Any of the bags mentioned in our list above can do all these things effortlessly as they are easily portable, adaptable, and durable. If you desire to own the best backpacks for artists, you cannot go wrong with these as they are some of the best-rated backpacks in the market.