The size of monitors across desktops and other devices has been increasing over the last couple of years. Unlike before, when 15-inch monitors were the most common monitors, nowadays, monitors that are 24-inch upwards are becoming the norm with most users drifting towards 27-inch monitors more often. Based on user reviews, larger monitors provide users with higher resolutions, bigger screen space, and a number of additional features that were previously unavailable.
Bigger monitors provide users with a greater working screen space where they can run and handle more window screens and applications. They have made it much easier for users to perform and complete tasks quickly, compared to when they used a regular-sized screen. Larger monitors also take care of the gaming community as the large screen offers gamers larger presentations for an immersive experience like no other. If you are on the hunt for a 27-inch monitor that will meet your needs, we have appraised innumerable models and have rounded up the best of the best 27-inch monitors under 200 that can be found in the market today.
The ViewSonic VA2759-SMH 27 Inch IPS 1080p Frameless LED Monitor
The ViewSonic VA2759-SMH is a frameless design monitor, that possesses full HD 1080p resolution and Super Clear IP technology. It is these features that ensure users get razor sharp clarity and incomparable detail that can only be associated with ViewSonic monitors. It is one of the few under 200, 27-inch monitors that provides users with versatile connectivity in addition to exceptional color rendering and instinctive settings.
This monitor is perfect for both office, and home use as its display provides best-in-class performance. It boasts various ultra-wide viewing angles which facilitate its uses and viewing by users from virtually any angle. Some of the notable features that the monitor is equipped with include a stunning 1920 x 1080 resolution, a sleek edge-to-edge frameless construct, and dual speakers. The monitor makes certain that it provides immersive views for software applications as well as for home entertainment. Finally, it has a minimalistic design, therefore, making it ideal for just about any continuous multi-screen setups.
- The monitor can easily tilt at any angle between five and twenty-two degrees with a vertical and horizontal viewing degree angle of 178 degrees.
- It’s compatible with both MAC and Windows.
- Users receive a three-year warranty which cannot be said for other monitors.
- The bezel IPS Panel is extremely thin, thus ensuring it does not obstruct a user’s view.
- Several users have complained that the base height of the monitor is not adjustable.
Samsung LC27F398FWNXZA Samsung C27F398 27 Inch Curved LED Monitor
If panoramic views are your kind of thing, then the Samsung IT LC27F398FWNXZA Samsung C27F398 27-Inch Curved Monitor is just the device for you. This monitor brags a super slim design that provides users with a curved view on a 27-inch screen. The monitor’s curvy design offers a 3000:1 contrast ratio, thus ensuring that you receive a genuinely immersive viewing experience.
Additionally, users of this curved monitor have the added benefit that is the monitor’s game mode innovation and its AMD FreeSync, which work simultaneously to ensure the images remain smooth throughout the viewing more so during fast-moving scenes. This Samsung monitor was designed with the human eye in mind so as to ensure users experience it comfortably at various angles without straining.
- The monitor has an eye saver mode, which enhances a user’s viewing comfort by allowing them to manage the screens blue light emissions.
- It includes Samsung innovative Active Crystal Color technology, which ensures colors are vivid and vibrant.
- This monitor had one of the best viewing for blacks and whites thanks to its contrast ratio.
- The monitor has a tilt ranging between 2-22 degrees.
- A number of users have made a complaint that the quality of the screen is not as great as it cracks and breaks very easily.
LG 27UL500-W 27-Inch UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS Monitor
By far, one of the most elegant 27-inch monitors in the market, the LG 27UL500, shares a lot of similarities with the Acer Nitro VG270K. This monitor is perfect for editors, designers, and general office use. This monitor brags an IPS panel, HDR10, 98% of the sRGB color space, and a 10-bit color depth all features that ensure viewers have the best experience. For gamers, this monitor also does a decent job as it has a predefined game mode, Radeon FreeSync technology, and on-screen control 2.2. All these features elevate a gamer’s experience, especially if they are beginners.
- The colors on the monitor are not only accurate, but they are consistent throughout.
- It has lots of features such as the AMD FreeSync, which users but more so gamers would truly appreciate.
- Its input lag is quite low.
- Its response time is rather slow, which makes it less than ideal for gamers; however, the response time would be a non-issue for other users.
- The monitor’s stand is tilt only which some users may find to be limiting.
Acer G276HL Kbix 27″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) VA Zero Frame Monitor
The Acer G276HL is part of the company’s G6 monitor series. Bragging a sleek design, it is one of the super slim monitors that is ideal for either home use or in the office as it can be placed anywhere comfortably to facilitate a seamless viewing experience. This monitor is great as it performs exceptionally well and has unique add-ons such as smart energy consumption, which is why we included it on the list.
The monitor’s most notable features include Full HD (1920X1080) resolution with a 16:9 aspect ratio, 5ms response time, and a 60Hz response time. Additionally, it also has an adaptive contrast management capability, which means even the smallest details in images manifest themselves more. The blacks on the screen appear blacker, and the whites also appear whiter.
- The monitor is eco friendly, and it consumes energy in a smart way meaning that users can get to save on costs such as power due to the devices consumption rate.
- The colors on the monitor are extremely bright and vivid, especially when the monitor is calibrated.
- It is compatible with most devices.
- The thin bezels on the monitor ensure that the viewing experience is not compromised.
- The monitor does not have tilt capabilities.
- Several users have complained about experiencing minor light bleed on the corners of the screen.
- It does not have an HDMI port
ASUS VE278H 27″ Full HD 1920×1080 2ms HDMI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor
The ASUS VE278H is an LED masterpiece that ranks highly among many users. This is because it provides a broader view allowing users to elevate their viewing experience by expanding their viewing to other monitors using VGA and HDMI cables. This monitor boasts features such as LED lighting, a 1920 x 1080 resolution, a 16:9 aspect ratio, 2 millisecond response time, amongst others.
Our personal favorite thing about this printer is that the response time has GTG overdrive, which allows users to optimize the monitor to their liking. The ASUS VE278H offers images that are lifelike and sharper, which means that you get to enjoy the fabulous world of colors throughout your viewing. The inclusion of ASUS’ innovative” Splendid Video Intelligence technology” it is highly unlikely that you will be disappointed by this monitor.
- It includes a tilt of -5 to + 20 degrees allowing users to view the screen in whatever angle they are most comfortable.
- Included VGA and HDMI ports, thus allowing for further connectivity to other devices.
- The inclusion of GTG overdrive facilitates further optimization of the screen.
- Users receive a three-year warranty upon purchase of the monitor.
- The monitor’s speakers could do with some improvement as they are absurdly quiet. Because of this, users who are keen on using the monitor’s speakers may be forced to purchase extra speakers to enhance their sound.
The evolution of technology has resulted in various changes and innovations being introduced in the monitor world. For example, bigger screen sizes have facilitated for the introduction of curved display inventions and in the reduction of retail costs. In short, large monitors are now more affordable and help in promoting productivity and efficiency.
The larger monitors are brighter, sharper, and include technological advances such as blue light filters. Nevertheless, before choosing your 27-inch monitor, we recommend that you begin by understanding what your needs are as this will help you determine the type of large screen monitor you require. From the different 27-inch monitors we have reviewed in our list above, we believe that you are well equipped to make a well-informed decision. Nevertheless, it is important to do your research and select your monitor based on what your needs are.
This means asking your peers, visiting tech stores to have a test viewing experience, and reading more reviews like this about the particular monitor that interests you. Happy shopping, and feel free to let us know which monitor you chose and why.