As a crafter, owning a Cricut machine is never enough. While it is a good start for you having the freedom and flexibility to make your designs when you need to, it doesn’t complete your arsenal of equipment. As such, buying the best printer for Cricut print and cut will go a long way in enabling you to work on your projects effortlessly.
And while investing in a printer for Cricut print and cut is important, knowing which printer to purchase can be an arduous task especially if you are a newbie as there are a lot of printers in the market. However, it doesn’t mean that you can’t find a good printer to buy. Ensures that when buying a printer for your Cricut machine, it not only handles cardstock papers but can handle most if not all type of papers that you intend to use.
That said, if you are looking to buy a printer for Cricut print and cut, below is our review of the best printers that you can consider purchasing depending on your needs.
1. EPSON WorkForce WF-7610 Wireless Printer
The Epson Workforce 7610 is not only a wide-format printer, but it also has incredible reviews from most crafters who give it a high rating thanks to how reliable and dependable it is. It is suitable for printing on cardstock and other paper materials.
- Ability to print up to 13 by 19 inches and a 4.3-inch touchscreen
- Epson considered the ink price for this printer hence the ink costs are well-priced
- Ability to print on a different type of papers such as cardstock among other
- Has amazing print speeds – 18 ppm for black and 10 ppm for colored prints
- It is powered by PrecisionCore which enhances its performance
- Ability to print wirelessly thanks to Wi-Fi Direct and other wireless printing options which means you can print from anywhere using your iPhone, iPad, smartphone or tablet
- Never run out of ink thanks to the Amazon Dash Replenishment feature that monitors your ink usage and orders from Amazon when you are running low on ink
- Besides using it for your Cricut prints, you can also use the printer for other things such as copying and faxing
- It is quite heavy
- Takes up too much desk space
2. Epson SureColor P400 Wireless Printer
Epson says the SureColor is the perfect printer for creative individuals and most crafters agree with that. This particular printer from Epson has amazing print speeds and is a wide-format printer which makes it ideal for crafters who have to print large projects.
- The printer produces high-quality prints that most crafters refer to as gallery-worthy prints
- Print images of up to 13 by 19 inches
- Compatible with certain versions of Windows and Mac OS operating systems
- Suitable for printing large prints such as banners hence perfect for crafters who need to print large projects
- The printer is entirely controlled from your computer
- Wireless printer which can be connected via Wi-Fi, USB and Ethernet giving you the ability to print from any of your mobile devices
- Has two paper feeders with the front tray holding up to 120 sheets of plain paper while the back tray can hold one fine-art paper
- Ability to print sheet rolls as well
- Crafters get to enjoy fast speeds when making Cricut photo prints
- Ability to make panorama prints of up to 129 inches
- Epson boasts of print permanency of up to 200 years using the SureColor P400
- Doesn’t have a display screen
- Tends to use extra colors when printing photos
- Compatible with Windows operating system only
3. HP Deskjet 9800 Printer
HP has been a force to reckon with in the printer business for years, and that’s why we couldn’t miss an HP printer in our review. And not just because HP is a popular brand, but the HP Deskjet 9800 printer is among the best printers for Cricut print and cut that you can invest in.
- Enjoy amazing print speeds of 30 ppm for black prints and 20 ppm for colored prints
- Ideal for crafters whose projects involve printing postcards, calendars, envelopes and photo brochures
- Has a paperweight capacity of 16lb to 74lb which makes it excellent for handling a wide-range of cardstock papers
- Designed to handle different sizes of cardstock papers
- It has a front-loading tray that has a load capacity of 150 sheets and an output tray with a 100-sheet paper capacity
- Allows you the ability to easily and smoothly load your cardstocks papers without the need to fold them like is common with other printers
- Enjoy 1200 by 1200 dpi resolution and an optimized color dpi of 4800
- Compatible with Mac, PC, Linux, and UNIX
- Delivers high-resolution prints and prints smoothly
- The printer has a high running cost
4. HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Printer
It is no doubt that when most people think of printers, the HP brand comes to mind. The HP brand has built its reputation over the years by manufacturing quality printers. One such printer is the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 that is among the best for Cricut print and cut.
- The HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer produces beautiful quality color prints
- It’s a multifunctional printer that can be used for printing, scanning, copying and faxing
- Features the HP ePrint app and AirPrint that allows you to print from anywhere using your smartphone/tablet and iPhone/iPad respectively
- Suitable for prints and cuts given that it can handle a wide range of heavy paperweights
- Capability of holding up to 250 sheets of copy paper
- Has considerable printing speeds of 24 ppm for black prints and 20 ppm for colored prints
- Superb build quality
- Features the HP Instant Ink feature that helps keep track of your ink usage
- Quite large hence takes up a lot of desk space
- Lacks an indicator for a diminished ink cartridge
If you are in the market shopping for a printer for your Cricut machine, there are a few factors that you need to consider. First, consider the type of projects that you handle and how often you will do them. Secondly, your choice of printer should be able to handle most if not all type of printing papers. Consider the paper feeding, weight, and size as well as your budget.
Whatever your needs, we hope that our review will come in handy when it’s time for you to buy the right printer for you Cricut prints and cuts.